Blaine County, OK - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

D Davis, are you talking about the old Ruth well 1-19? Last production for Ruth 1-19 is listed as Feb 2015. It is listed as active on the OK tax site, but with no production for more than a year, it should be plugged or you should have shut in notice. Operator is Chesapeake. Contact them.

Lanny, donā€™t see a Brown well in 3-18N-13W.

Do you mean the Brown farm in section 8-18N-13W?

The website appears to be locked up right now, but I will check later and see if it has any new info.

I see where it spud on Mar 6, 2016. Newfield has it. No completion report yet so you might try calling them. They have had plenty of time to post it if the well was completed. Someone on the forum may have a WI and can tell you more.

Lanny, If they donā€™t pay you six months after first production, they owe you 12% interest if title is good.

Patricia, Carrera has a horizontal well planned. Hershey 32-29 1H in sections 29 and 32. Surface location in 32

Martha, Iā€™m next door in 3-18-13 and leased to Newfield. I contacted them about production in section 8, on the Brown Farm, over a month ago and they said their landman would get back with me. He never did.

I just returned from spending a couple of days in the Blaine County Courthouse in Watonga. My hat is off to those employees, many of whom have been there for decades. They are informative, friendly and helpful. If you know the range you are searching, the books are right in front of the desk. If you are searching for names, there are miscellaneous (by year) ledgers behind the counter in the walk-in safe. Ask for those. These two sources will point out books and pages in the next room. Find your document (deed, lease, etc), note the book and page number, and then ask for a print. I never went because I had been led to believe that it was too difficult for the novice. Not true. Yes, it can be crowded, so schedule for an off time or add an extra day to your trip. Also, the Watonga Motel is about your only choice, so check in advance. They also have a bed and breakfast, but have had to discontinue restaurant service for lack of help. If staying there, you can schedule breakfast delivery. The B&B is costlier and I was there to work. The motel is clean and more than adequate. The walls are thin. You have a few more choices for food and will probably visit most of them before you leave. The grocery store has a deli with hot plates to go. I recommend that mineral owners go to search their own holdings because there is more information than what is found in the books. The process itself is an education.

Where do you research the last production on a well. How long can a well not produce before they are required to plug it. Specifically in 27-17-12. There 2 wells like this in this section. The Cereby and Edsall 1. TIA for any help with this.

Jake:

Your interest is HBP by a Devon well drilled back in 2011. Your interest is probably HBP by the Lake #1-35 well and was pooled by Devon.

Todd, looks like the lake well was contained in section 26.

http://occpermit.com/WellBrowse/Webforms/WellInformation.aspx?ID=56ā€¦

I have a small un leased mineral interest in Section 35 15n 10w that i inherited from my mother Lila Stoner Allen whose mother was Hazel Mae (Ice) Stoner. Hazel last signed a lease January 16, 1981 in favor of magic Circle Energy. This interest has not been leased since. I would favor a lease offer.

This is the OK tax site. You can see the last 12 months of production sales. A general time frame is about a year. Check your lease. Sometimes, there is an additional 90 days before they have to shut in, recomplete or plug. You can report the well to the OCC district office for your area and hopefully get an answer. Hopefullyā€¦

Todd thank you for the reply, the OCC site does not show a well drilled in that section by devon. or any body else. shows to be open, no active wells.

Newfield is the main lessee in 26-19N-13W.

Does anyone know about the Blue Oxford Partners leasing in Section 26 19N 13W. Saw a lease in Blaine County dated 1/23/2017. I think I might have a small fractional part of this section? A brother in law of mine sold his prior.

Is anyone aware of the legitimacy of BCF Minerals, Inc.? They seem quite interested in purchasing minerals in Blaine County.

BCF will waffle on you. Might close at the price offered, might not. Use your own judgement on your dealings with them, just like those of us that buy/sell minerals canā€™t ever trust what mineral owners tell us.

If interested, deal with someone you feel you can trust.

Todd M. Baker

1 Like

Katherine, there many companies that are wanting to buy minerals. Talked to a landman today and he advised me not to sell.

Paul:

Nothing like a birdseye view. Paperwork shows the rig to be on the Glenda Brown property in SW/4 or SE/4 of section 32. There has been no intent to drill yet for a disposal well and no paperwork filed in section 32 - at least not posted on the Corporation Commission site that I see.

I might be wrong as to where I saw this. I believe it was in the well info page in the Watonga Republican or it might have been in the legal notices. I will look tomorrow. One reason I think this might be a disposal is the location was built differently than for a production well. They didnā€™t pile the topsoil off to the edge of the location. They just went in and started laying the rock right on top of crop. That is not what I have observed in locations being drilled for production. I might be a little anal but I notice things like that. lol