Blaine County, OK - General Discussion

This topic, titled Blaine County, OK - General Discussion, is established here on the new MRF to serve as the continuation of what some of our legacy users became accustomed to - that of posting to what is sometimes called a “wall”. From June 1, 2018, this topic is the continuation of Blaine County, OK - Oil & Gas Discussion archives (which is now closed to new posts).

In other words, this topic is intended for those who simply want to post in running dialogue fashion, about activity within this particular geographical area. Comments here should be constrained to topics and issues related to this specific area.

1 Like

Thanks for turning this back on!

:grinning::grinning:

I inherited a house in Watonga. I never signed a lease for mineral rights. My understanding is it’s now been pooled. Am I still supposed to receive bonus money? Who do I call to find out? I tried searching OKCOUNTYRECORDS but not getting anywhere.

S19 16N 11W B44 L3-4 partial

Just because you have a house on the surface does not necessarily mean that you have the mineral rights below. They may be been severed back a few generations ago. If you inherited, you need to find the probate documents and see if the mineral rights were included. If so, you need to have your name and address and description of the mineral rights filed with the county clerk. The operator may be holding funds under your ancestor’s name. Or if very old, may be held by the state treasurer’s office.
The current operator that filed for pooling is: CONTINENTAL RESOURCES, INC. P.O. BOX 269091 OKLAHOMA CITY, OK 73126 Contact Name: JESSICA D. HATCHER Contact Phone: 405-996-3395 (It was dismissed in January 2018) They may have title information that might help you.

1 Like

Thank You

Highmark has an open pooling on 19-16N-11W. Looks like the next court date is 8/21/18 but I doubt anything will be done other than a continuance. You would not be due any monies until the pooling is closed or you lease.

Can anyone tell me what a mineral manager/consultant would charge me to determine my actual mineral interest in Blaine Co.? I know what my lawyer wants to charge me, but was wondering about a different direction.

1 Like

Ideally they would have described the minerals but it is probably more likely that you inherited your relative’s “interest” without further details.

Also, if you have the pooling case information, you can review the application / notice and search for your or your relative’s name.
Pooling Orders

Oklahoma Unclaimed Property Search

Mineral Interest Escrow Account Search

Hi all. sec 7 -16N-11W was a part of multi horizontal well plan by continental 6 wells going from mid 7 up thru sec.6 and 10 wells from mid 7 down thru sec. 18. Then they were all canceled in favor of new wells (at the moment two are in plan Blondie 1 and Blondie 2) going from top of 6 thru 7 to the bottom of 18. Continental does not know when they will drill and frack and if they will have more Blondie wells in the future. Does anybody have additional info about activity in the field Thanks Rami segal

1 Like

Rami: Continental drilled & completed the Blondie 1-6-7-18XHM well and it is a good one. Reported at 2460 BO pd. They filed the intent to drill for the Blondie 2-6-7-18XHM well on 5/6/2019. There is one well in 6 & 7, the Houses Quarter 1-6-7XHM and one well in 7 & 18, the Foree 1-18-7XHM. They determined the production in the area does not warrant more than 3 or 4 wells in the same formation in the same section. That is why they dropped the plans for 6-10 wells per section.

Hope this helps.

Todd M. Baker

Thanks Todd I am surprised that it went from so much promise from many and planned wells to just 3 or 4. for sure the Blondie 1 and 2 are going to be more efficient since the wells are close to the road and go horizontally thru all 3 sections (6,7,18)

Rami- The “promise” is still there. The science now tells us that it takes fewer wells to produce the same amount of hydrocarbons. Why drill 10 wells when 4 will produce the same? As a note, the tank battery or wellhead that you see is very seldom indicative of where the actual horizontal wellbore is located. Tank batteries are placed so as to mitigate environmental damage to the surface.

Don, did you ever get the help you needed? Forgot to talk about this at NARO. Montie

1 Like

Had a similar problem last year. I found that the lawyer was going to charge me quite a bit and realized that he was going to hire a landman to do the work then bill me for the landman plus his own fee so I got a landman to do the work, one that was recommended to me by someone on the forum BUT the landman made a lot of promises, did find out what we own BUT he never supplied a copy of the deed and other things that were promised. Really angry about the whole mess. So, I would suggest you get a landman to do the search, most have a set daily fee but do your best to get one that will follow through and do the whole job, one that is reputable and reliable. Good luck.

Yes I did Montie. Thanks

Hello, my deceased Mother owns mineral rights in Sec. 7-16N-13W in Blaine county. Are these wells in these sections. Also, can anyone recommend a good landman and generally what do they charge?

What do you need a landman to do? You probably need to finish your probate work with an attorney. There is an old well called the Coleman #1-7 which was plugged in 2014… Panhandle Oil and Gas was the operator. There is a plugged and abandoned well called the Coleman 7-1. It was plugged in 1984

Gross Production. This is the OK tax site. It has the Coleman #1-7 as shut in, but the OCC has the plugging record for it.

2 Likes

If the acreage is producing you will probably need a probate case to begin receiving royalties. If you they are not, you might want to consider and Affidavit of Heirship so that companies can find you.

1 Like