Blackstone Minerals is in the area

Big decision and needing help. I have been offered to sell my minerals that I own 100% of on 80 acres in Angelina County. (I do not own the land) I have looked at Blackstones map and I am the only minerals they do not on surrounding the 80 acres. I was wondering is there is a way to find out if a zymography has been and to find out the results for that area. Anyone have some suggestions? Thank you greatly in advance. I do know lots of minerals are being purchased in this area.

You might want to use the TRRC GIS viewer to locate your abstract / acreage to see surrounding producing wells. You can then use their website for a specific lease production query: https://gis.rrc.texas.gov/GISViewer/.

It may be doubtful that you can obtain seismic data.

@lcjdaccb

Ditto on what J_Walker said. The seimic information is proprietary to the companies that paid to have it shot. The general layman or woman would not know how to interpret it as they do not have the software or the expertise (in most cases).

1 Like

Don’t sell unless it’s a life changing amount of money. Whatever they’re offering you they know they’ree going to get their money back and PLENTY more.

1 Like

With very low natural gas pricing currently, the timing is poor regarding a sale of your minerals. I’m assuming your minerals are located in north Angelina County. Additionally, Aethon Energy (who is joint ventured with Black Stone Minerals and the only active Operator in this area) has temporarily ceased drilling due to the poor market conditions.

If you aren’t in a critical need for funding, it would be best to wait until drilling permits are filed near your mineral location. Permits are an indication of planned drilling activity and should improve your mineral value. A local landman can assist you with accessing the TXRRC website and can also assist you with valuing your minerals. Contact the East Texas Landman Association (you can Google) for a recommendation of a local Lufkin / Nacogdoches landman. Finally, make sure your hire an experienced Oil and Gas attorney to ensure your mineral deed is drafted correctly once you’re ready to sell. There are two attorneys in Lufkin who are board certified (again Google).

2 Likes

Angelina County is a very good area and the future prospects are even better. The current natural gas prices have absolutely nothing to do with the current valve of your mineral rights. Just consider that you don’t even own them. Keep them and only use a real good lease form when you lease them. There are many potential formations at many different depths that can produce in the future. Technology is always improving. Don’t let some of these people “talk you down” and paint a gloomy picture! Good Luck and keep them!

There are multiple private equity firms purchasing minerals in north Angelina County based on anticipated future development by Aethon. Also, I expect drilling to increase next year once new LNG capacity comes online. If you can wait until leasing activity catches up with your mineral property, that’s preferable over selling your minerals (in my opinion). Haynesville / Bossier wells in north Angelina County produce very high gas volumes over two-to-three year period. Therefore royalty checks can be attractive, especially for those lucky mineral owners who own a 100% interest in their mineral acreage. I also recommend that you keep your minerals. However, it’s a personal decision, and I suggest you take your time by researching drilling and leasing activity and talking with professionals who are familiar with this area.

If you decide to sell, then I suggest you get bids from other minerals purchasers who are active in the area. Also evaluate mineral deed language closely to ensure that the mineral interest conveyance is specific and accurate. Again, my opinion.

3 Likes

I had Blackstone contact me as well about selling my mineral rights in Angelina County

Great Advice! Great Post. I am amazed how some people think that owning minerals is a burden to them. They would rather take a small upfront amount than wait a while for a possible big payday every month. Also possible future production and leasing in other formations in the future for themselves, family or charity of their choice.