Blackfoot

Hello everyone. I am new to the group and look forward to gaining and sharing information with you all. I am new to the mineral interest arena. I inherited quite a few mineral properties from my grandfather, via my uncle. I have interests in many counties but mostly in Anderson County.

I have recently been contacted by a landman interested in leasing in the Chappell Survey and Scritchfield Survey. Does anyone have information on these? They referred to it as Blackfoot.

Thank you

BLACKFOOT, TEXAS

http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hnb43

CLH---Welcome to Mineral Rights Forum and the Anderson County Group.

Clint Liles

Here is a link to the first page of a 60+ year old paper on the geology of the Blackfoot Field. The paper is apparently available for purchase from AAPG. Some of the formations listed including the Eagle Ford, Woodbine (aka Eaglebine) and Travis Peak are among those producing or prospective in Anderson Co. I don't have any knowledge of the specific surveys you mentioned, but some of the others here such as Clint Liles and John Cundieff might be able to help you. Charlsey, good luck on your mineral interests and welcome to the group.

Charlie Wallace

http://archives.datapages.com/data/bulletns/1949-52/data/pg/0034/0008/1750/1750.htm

CLH,

If you can supply the Abstract #'s to your minerals in Anderson County I will pull up the GIS Map and see what kind of activity is in the area.

Clint Liles

Clint Liles said:

CLH,

If you can supply the Abstract #'s to your minerals in Anderson County I will pull up the GIS Map and see what kind of activity is in the area.

Clint Liles

Thank you Clint. I have looked at the mineral and warranty deeds and there is no abstract number that I can determine. Some of the other deeds I have say "abstract" but not these.

The first is Polly Scritchfield Survey A-61. On an old oil and gas lease it states "block 33 and 34" (then it gives the boundaries).

On the second piece Polly Scrtichfield I am reading from the Mineral Deed and it only gives the information of of the Volume and page numbers of the recording of the deeds. The minerals were transferred to my grandfather in 1948.

The James Chappell Survey states "James Chappell Survey and the L-G.N.N.R.R. Co. Survey No. 2

CLH said:

Clint Liles said:

CLH,

Clint Liles

Charlsey,

Several wells have been drilled in A-61 in the past 30/40 years:

GIS Map of Anderson County A-61:

Well # 001-31576 Dry hole/Pero-Tech, Inc./1984/9,200'

Well # 001-31312 Oil & Gas well/Energy Sources/1981/9,500'/Rodessa Formation

Well # 001-31328 Gas well/Energy Sources/1982/9,500'/Rodessa Formation

Well # 001-32539 Plugged Gas well/Anadarko Pet. Corp./2006/19,000'/CV-Bossier Formation

Well # 001-30528 No information available

Well # 001-30094 Gas well/Energy Sources/1981/9,500'/Rodessa Formation

The blue circles with 4 protrusions(sticks) are permitted or proposed locations that were never drilled

Clint Liles

Charlsey , welcome to our forum. I have been a member for a couple of years and I like to track where the leasing occurs. We own land and minerals just west of Neches and we leased to Graem Resources in Nov.2011 for $150 and 3/16ths and we were some of the earliest to get leases as I don't know anyone who leased before us. Bonuses have increased since we leased and I have heard of a lot of $200 deals with 20% so don't take anything less. I would be interested in knowing who your leasing agent is but I have no interest in knowing what you negotiated with them. Good luck, John

Geez, I am getting used to this discussion board and don't know if my post went through, So please excuse, me if this shows up as a duplicate.

John, I have approximately 5 leases with Graem Resources. The first one I signed was in 2011 also for the same as yours except had 1/5th. This occurred very soon after I inherited all of these mineral rights so I definitely did not know what I was doing. Since then, I have been able to negotiate a little better but still very green at all of this. I have several leases with RWT and a few single leases with various individuals. The people who are interested in Scritchfield and Chappell Surveys are PLG. Petroleum Land Group out of Tyler Texas. Is there somewhere to check out the credibility of of the land people? I have another lease that was supposed to be producing and receiving checks back in January but I haven't heard anything. It seems the landmen are very secretive concerning the drillers for whom they are negotiating.

Thank you Clint for the map. I notice Anadarko is on there with a plugged well. I am receiving royalties from them on a very old lease.

I am curious about something else. I am still receiving small royalties on the Fairway units and James Lime units. It was my understanding that these units were getting toward the end of their production. However, I have received a couple of letters a week for the past few months of people wanting to buy the mineral rights. Of course, I would never sell them but is this a contradiction. Lower production vs interest in buying?

Thank you

Charlsey

Charlsey I am familiar with both RWT and PLG as I know of several who leased to them. PLG was leasing in my area several years ago before natural gas prices plummeted and I have never heard anything negative about them but I haven't heard much about RWT. I noticed Charlie Wallace posted a comment directed to you and I think he leased to RWT. You probably know that Graem has been leasing for EOG which is by far the largest player in the area. Do you navigate TTRC's web? If you do you know that EOG has drilled two 14,000ft. vertical test wells in Anderson Co, one about a mile east of Neches and one 9 miles west of Palestine and both sites have frac tanks that have been completed and filled so that is a positive sign I think as being positive. Also the Jamex/Arrington horizontal well has been drilled and fracked between Frankston and Brushy Creek and reports from it are very positive, and it isn't far from your interest. I am eagerly waiting to see a new permit issued for the horizontal drill on the EOG/Mathis well just east of Neches. That isn't far from my stuff and I'm 77 and kind of in a hurry.

Charlsey said:

Geez, I am getting used to this discussion board and don't know if my post went through, So please excuse, me if this shows up as a duplicate.

John, I have approximately 5 leases with Graem Resources. The first one I signed was in 2011 also for the same as yours except had 1/5th. This occurred very soon after I inherited all of these mineral rights so I definitely did not know what I was doing. Since then, I have been able to negotiate a little better but still very green at all of this. I have several leases with RWT and a few single leases with various individuals. The people who are interested in Scritchfield and Chappell Surveys are PLG. Petroleum Land Group out of Tyler Texas. Is there somewhere to check out the credibility of of the land people? I have another lease that was supposed to be producing and receiving checks back in January but I haven't heard anything. It seems the landmen are very secretive concerning the drillers for whom they are negotiating.

Thank you Clint for the map. I notice Anadarko is on there with a plugged well. I am receiving royalties from them on a very old lease.

I am curious about something else. I am still receiving small royalties on the Fairway units and James Lime units. It was my understanding that these units were getting toward the end of their production. However, I have received a couple of letters a week for the past few months of people wanting to buy the mineral rights. Of course, I would never sell them but is this a contradiction. Lower production vs interest in buying?

Thank you

Charlsey

john cundieff said:

Charlsey I am familiar with both RWT and PLG as I know of several who leased to them. PLG was leasing in my area several years ago before natural gas prices plummeted and I have never heard anything negative about them but I haven't heard much about RWT. I noticed Charlie Wallace posted a comment directed to you and I think he leased to RWT. You probably know that Graem has been leasing for EOG which is by far the largest player in the area. Do you navigate TTRC's web? If you do you know that EOG has drilled two 14,000ft. vertical test wells in Anderson Co, one about a mile east of Neches and one 9 miles west of Palestine and both sites have frac tanks that have been completed and filled so that is a positive sign I think as being positive. Also the Jamex/Arrington horizontal well has been drilled and fracked between Frankston and Brushy Creek and reports from it are very positive, and it isn't far from your interest. I am eagerly waiting to see a new permit issued for the horizontal drill on the EOG/Mathis well just east of Neches. That isn't far from my stuff and I'm 77 and kind of in a hurry.

Charlsey said:

Thank you

Charlsey

John is correct. We leased to RWT in May 2013 for $250 and 1/5. I refused to lease with them until they told me the name of the operating company they were leasing for which was behind the paper company Leasehold Interests LLC which appeared on the lease form. I was told it was Mustang Drilling which others on this group have indicated was operating in our area.

On your question about why someone would want to buy your mineral rights if the current wells on those tracts are nearing the end of their producing life....beyond the fact that, at some price, there always seem to be folks interested in buying minerals regardless what the producting status is....in the situation you described though, doesn't it make sense that property that's been held by production for years but the production may be ending, meaning the tract may soon become open for new leasing, would be appealing to a buyer? Seems like that combined with it being in an area with new exploration showing potential for production from different zones, and using horizontal drilling, like currently happening in good part of Anderson County would make it very appealing to mineral buyers.

You said you wouldn't consider selling minerals but in case you or anyone else hasn't focused on it, the wording in many of the purchase offers I've gotten make reference to production from specific leases but in the fine print of the mineral deed say you are also conveying any other mineral interest you might own in that whole county.

Dusty makes a very good point. People with depleted wells who have no idea of the future value are the perfect target for buy offers. Rhetorical question: You wouldn't be in much of a hurry to sell if it was producing it's best would you?

I have an oil question. When my sister and I were little we inherited minerals rights in Texas. My mother claims she gave us the paperwork for them when she thought we would be responsible enough to take care of them. My sister and I don’t remember this. All she will tell me is that she “thinks” it is in Palestine (Anderson county) Is there a way to look this up? If in fact we do own them what exactly does that mean?

Do you have any information on who you inherited the interest from, the survey it’s located in or anythng beyond it possibly being near Palestine? The deed records for Anderson County are where you would need to do some research but to have a starting point you’d at least need to know who you inherited the interest from.

If it’s not convenient for you to go to the courthouse in Palestine websites like TexasFile.com or CourthouseDirect.com may be useful to you. If that doesn’t work you may need the services of a landman in that area, but it probably isn’t logical to start spending any money without having even a ballpark idea how large your mineral interest might be.

My grandfather delma smith sr was who i inherited from