Between Waelder and Gonzales (peach creek area)

Charles:

If I read the time of your last post correctly, you were up awfully early or up very late. Whatever the case, hope you are back from the vacation fit and sound and ready to go to work keeping us informed. As I mentioned yesterday, I went over and took a peek at the Crabb site. Basically, all I could glean out of the Crabb visit was that quite a bit of work has gone on since my last visit and that the gas pipeline line (looks like an 8") is almost complete. A very minimal flare tells me that they aren't actually producing the well yet or at least now. The flare was basically no more than what I would call a pilot flare. In your update post, you mentioned that the Crabb well was showing good numbers. Sounds like they may have flow tested the well! If so, do you have any knowledge of what that was? What ever the numbers, an 8" line says they are looking into the future for a considerable volume of gas, either from this well or one or a multiple of others from the South.

For sure any of these producers today are looking to produce as much high number API gravity crude (~50) as they can. Gas is cheap, heavy crude is a pain to refine. It requires furnaces, and a whole gambit of downstream equipment to produce the gasoline or heating oil they want right now. Again, it looks like these guys want the clear or slightly yellow light crude that they can run through a couple of towers, across one bed of catalyst and onto the pump.

Glad you are back

Bigfoot and Charles

I also noticed the time line on Charles's reply. Early bird gets the worm. Thanks for all the good info and I would love to get together and visit at some point. Could be hard to coordinate. I am still trying to pinpoint Crabb ranch on my map. What is a good location in relation to county roads and I-10 or some kind of land mark. Just wondering how close it is to my prop.on CR 1680 and peach creek. Has anyone heard of any results on the well drilled on CR 1680 close to the Gonzales/Lavaca county line. It was drilled on the Kolar lease, not sure who the owner is. This well is about a mile from my place. Last I saw it appeared they were waiting to Frac.

Don

Don:

Without me doing a lot of searching, Go to County Road 401 on Google. The road signs are somewhat confusing when you actually get out there; but, it looks like CR 401 and Cal Maine Road are one in the same, at least in front of the Crabb Well. The Well is almost exactly 3/4 mile South of HWY 90. The new Southern Bay well that is being drilled right now is at the South End of this road not more than a couple of miles South of the Crabb well and the new Denali Chalk well is another couple miles to the West of the new Southern Bay well site.

Have fun hunting.

Jerry

Thanks for the location info. Best I can tell the Crabb ranch as well as the other wells mentioned are about 1.5 to 2 miles northeast of my place. Is the Denalli chalk well a new drill. Any info on it.

Don

To the best of my knowledge, this is a new drill. It looks new and there is a new pad, tanks, etc.

Check out the WI report. Go to Denali (operator) Gonzales County and search for all of 2011. This is the only Denali location listed.

I had a few minutes to check out your location. This morning I didn't know where 1680 was located. Now that I've looked at the map a little closer and realized that 1680 is the Moulton-Waelder road. Peach creek is not very far to the West of Crabb, so you should be in a great place. Right in the heart of the next production "boom"! Hang in there.

Don Purswell said:

Jerry

Thanks for the location info. Best I can tell the Crabb ranch as well as the other wells mentioned are about 1.5 to 2 miles northeast of my place. Is the Denalli chalk well a new drill. Any info on it.

Don

DM:

What happened to you today? I had to go down below Houston this afternoon for a funeral visitation and expected to see some earth shattering information when I got home. Not a drop! Well there's always tomorrow.

Charles

I just read your post. I am so sorry about you loss. I am a praying man so I will keep your family in my daily prayer. Wishing you the best.

Don

Charles Edward English said:

All,

I'm out of commission at this present time since I got a visit around 4:00 a.m. December 21, 2011 after returning from vacation from City of San Antonio Police & Detectives that our youngest brother had been murdered as an innocent bystander of a drive-by shooting! So, therefore I've been attempting to reach each post but not responded at this time during our grief. I'm in process of handling his funeral arrangement once the body is released from the Bexar County Coroner Office, hopefully this evening. I understand that this has nothing to do with the topics in which concerns others but I thought equally I owed the group an explaination. Charles

Charles:

For sure there are no words to describe what you are going through right now. You and your family will be in our prayers.

God bless and keep your head up!

Amen

Charles. I too am very saddened to learn about your brother. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

All,

I'm out of commission at this present time since I got a visit around 4:00 a.m. December 21, 2011 after returning from vacation from City of San Antonio Police & Detectives that our youngest brother had been murdered as an innocent bystander of a drive-by shooting! So, therefore I've been attempting to reach each post but not responded at this time during our grief. I'm in process of handling his funeral arrangement once the body is released from the Bexar County Coroner Office, hopefully this evening. I understand that this has nothing to do with the topics in which concerns others but I thought equally I owed the group an explaination. Charles

Bigfoot said:

DM:

What happened to you today? I had to go down below Houston this afternoon for a funeral visitation and expected to see some earth shattering information when I got home. Not a drop! Well there's always tomorrow.

Was on other tasks. Thanks so much for your reply and link that you sent. Did you check your email?

DM said:

Hi Bigfoot. Was on other tasks. Thanks so much for your reply and link that you sent. Did you check your email today?

Bigfoot said:

DM:

Absolutely, I check my e-mail frequently. We never know what kind of package we might have.

CHarles, so sorry to hear about your brother....May the Lord comfort you and be with you at this time...

All,

Charles, Don and DM:

O.K. guys try out this link. For the past few weeks and probably longer, we've been hearing rumors that ZaZa was going to partner up with another company besides Hess. I decided to do a little more search today and with information from another link, I fell into the one listed below. I don't know how I've missed it before unless it's a new post. Whatever the case, I believe this answers who the partner is. Makes sense since both companies have Minerals in France. Now it looks like each of the companies have minerals in the Eagleford as well as France. If you haven't already seen this, follow this link.

www.toreador.net/

Fabulous information Bigfoot. I enjoyed the presentation. Lots of great things to come from ZaZa Energy. they are just getting started! Thank you so much.

Bigfoot said:

Charles, Don and DM:

O.K. guys try out this link. For the past few weeks and probably longer, we've been hearing rumors that ZaZa was going to partner up with another company besides Hess. I decided to do a little more search today and with information from another link, I fell into the one listed below. I don't know how I've missed it before unless it's a new post. Whatever the case, I believe this answers who the partner is. Makes sense since both companies have Minerals in France. Now it looks like each of the companies have minerals in the Eagleford as well as France. If you haven't already seen this, follow this link.

www.toreador.net/

Seth:

This is a great find. Makes for a great sales pitch when trying to convince neighbors to keep their hands in their pockets instead fo signing the first paper put in front of them.

This is my first inquiry and please forgive my ignorance if I'm directing this question in the wrong place.

Your property has been the closest to mine, on FM 532 just west of Nickel.

My basic question, how do I get an oil company to lease my mineral rights?

Thank you.

John Cleary

John:

This question may have been for Seth; but, I'm going to throw my two cents worth in here anyway. Personally, I don't think the mineral owner has much of an opportunity to initiate the leasing of our minerals. The normal process is that the oil companies get interested in an area and send landmen (their legmen) to the county courthouse in search of unleased property. Once they've identified a block of unleased acreage, they will contact those individuals. Sometimes we have other opportunities; but, for the most part they are purely by accident or word of mouth or in some cases some individual get a "wild hair" and decides to sign up large blocks in hopes of flipping to some oil company. The only other possibility is to get all your neighbors together in a group (around 1000 acres) and just be ready. Other than that it is a big guess.
Good luck!

Thank You.