Best way to learn about inherited wells?

Hi,

Recently inherited rights in Howard county and there are a good number of wells producing each month. What’s the best way to understand more about these rights?

I see posts about sections and blocks but all I see on my statements are well names. I’d love to find them on a map. Tried using the tools I see linked but cannot come up with anything.

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Cullen if You will post the Section, Block and/or Abstract # I’m sure someone can present You with a map of the minerals acreage

@CS55, as @Clint_Liles mentioned, searching by location is usually involves the least guesswork. You can also try to search by drilling permit,http://webapps.rrc.state.tx.us/DP/initializePublicQueryAction.do which allows searching by operator, county and lease name. Many names are similar, however, so it is not as clean as searching by location.

1 Like

Get on the Companies website and the may have a part you can locate the wells and their production.

If you provide list of well names somebody can provide you the block/section info that makes it a lot easier to find on a map.

Look at the deed or probate filing into you for legal descriptions with sections, etc. or look in county deed records for deeds into your predecessor’s name for legal descriptions

Welcome to mineral ownership! It is often difficult to locate the properties based off of the information on your check stubs. If you will list the well names, I will try to search them on a third party site to help locate them. Also, there may be other members who are in those wells that can help teach you. Once you have that information, you can see what all is going on and what other wells should be listed for you. Let me know if there is anything else you need!

Give me a fish, I will eat for a day, teach me to fish I will eat for the rest of my life. Hopefully someone that knows that area will teach you to fish…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.