Best method to change mineral owner address?

I moved a little over a year ago. I made address changes with the operators that hold leases on some properties. But I have other mineral holding in Stephens and Garvin county. Friends have recently told me that they are receiving documents from companies in the same area of my holdings. I’m in the listings but it shows my previous address. I’ve call both county clerk offices and get no real help. No forms online for address changes etc. Any recommendations on best method to make an address change/correction would be greatly appreciated.

You need to file with the clerk of deeds or “recorder of deeds” in each county. You might have spoken to the wrong clerk before.

I assume I have to include the description of the property, old address and new address. Is there anything else? Thank you !

Start with that information. Some of the counties may have their own form to fill out. Others may only have requirements as to the size of the paper, margins, room for a stamp, etc.

A simple affidavit should do the trick. Notice of Address/Name Change.

Include legal description of the property. Along with your current name and address. Have it signed before a notary. Filing fees are $18 1st page and $2 for each additional page. Do not include your date of birth or social security number.

This post is not legal, tax or investment advice. Reading or responding to this post does not create an attorney/client relationship.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.