Bertha Unit? Eagle Ford SHALE-Lavaca County, Texas

I'm new, trying to educate myself. I own small acreage and all mineral rights just west

of Moulton, Lavaca County, Texas. Family owns larger area to three sides of me. There

are two new wells across the FM1680 road and I have been told the road divides the

pools. I have maps from the Abstract Co. and have also been told by GeoSouthern

that I am "probably" in the Bertha Unit. Can't find any info on Bertha Unit or my pool,

but many wells are in the Moulton area, west to Old Moulton. Is anyone familiar with

what is happening in this area? The Houston Chronicle stated in an article

yesterday that Eagle Ford Shale business is decreasing and workers are now being laid off.

I just went thru the rrc.state.tx.us/data/online/index/pjp web site and did not find Bertha Unit in either Gonzales or Lavaca counties. Go to the above web site and look at their map and find your property. Then go to the permit section and find the well you are interested in the platt information will show the owners in each unit.

Good luck

pdcall said:

I just went thru the rrc.state.tx.us/data/online/index/pjp web site and did not find Bertha Unit in either Gonzales or Lavaca counties. Go to the above web site and look at their map and find your property. Then go to the permit section and find the well you are interested in the platt information will show the owners in each unit.

Good luck

Hi Dorothy -

What is your legal description and how much land do you own? And what is your street address?

I am a Landman and know a little bit about looking things up. If you will send me those things, I will see what I can find out for you.

Charles

Charles Emery Tooke III said:

Hi Dorothy -

What is your legal description and how much land do you own? And what is your street address?

I am a Landman and know a little bit about looking things up. If you will send me those things, I will see what I can find out for you.

Charles

Charles, I hit a block from what the previous member told me. I could not get past the map.

I don't show as leasing or anything else. eight acres surrounded by my cousin's l50 acres on

three sides. That name is Darilek. I have been told that Darilek property is getting ready to be

drilled on but there are several Darilek's (my maiden name) in the area. My address is 1043FM

1680 which is about l mile west of Moulton,Texas (Lavaca county) I am in the Wm Chase A-9

Appraisal District info. There is a #PID5578 on a form I also got from the Appraisal District in

Hallettsville. One of my neighbors has information that tells who is in the pool with her...I can't

seem to get this info. Her info is from Sharon Hunter Resources (hawg hunter #1H location) which

is just southwest of my property by about 1/2 mile as the "crow flies". It appears my map is page

20 of the Lavaca Cty Appraisal District. I went to the RRC website- rrc.state.tx.us/data/online/index/pjp and couldn't seem to get anywhere no matter what info

I put in. I have been told I don't have enough land for a well but my cousin does, I am sure.

I appreciate you contacting me and your help...

Dorothy -

Your land appears to be inbetween the unit to the north of you and the unit to south of you.

Neither of those units are named "Bertha" anything, but don't let that discourage you - that might just be the intended name of a proposed future unit inbetween the two, which there is plenty of acreage for and would include yours, or maybe just a casual reference used by the Landmen or something.

I have several maps and some additional information I can send you about what is currently happening in your area, but I will need your direct email address to do so. I apologize for that, but I have never been able to successfully send the information I have compiled for anyone through the Mineral Forum's system.

I am going to "invite you to be a friend" on the Forum in just a minute (They allow personal email addresses and telephone numbers, etc to be exchanged that way). If you will "Accept me as a friend" and then send me a message with your email address, I will send you the additional information.

Please do not hesitate to do so, as I would very much like to go over it all with you. I appears to me that you have a rather substantial future "Income Problem" that you need to begin to be concerned about.

Quite substantial.

Charles

Texas rr comission has you in the Bertha Unit the well has been permitted.

pdcall said:

Texas rr comission has you in the Bertha Unit the well has been permitted.

Thanks for your follow up..I appreciate your information.