Been contacted re mineral rights on land in Brazos County

My mother who as I understand it owns mineral rights on property in southern (I think) Brazos county. In 2004 she signed a 2 year lease with Anadarko and received a lease signing payment. She received several royalty payments. I believe that Anadarko then sold to Enervest and she received some small payments. She has been contacted by Charleston Energy in the past couple of weeks and offered $500 per acre lease bonus and royalty percentage of 20% with a lease term of 5 years. I found this forum by googling and have already learned a lot. I believe this land has been in my family for over 100 years and until recently I have never known much about it. I am starting to become more involved in my parents' financial affairs and am trying to learn as much as I can. She also owns some other property in several other Texas counties The property is described as 342.76 acres located within 624.32 acres being part of the H Evans Survey, A-15 and the A Millican Survey, A-39

Looking for some help here please in understanding how we should proceed. Thank you so much for any assistance you can provide.

******(Edit by Admin. This is not the place for solicitations. If you'd like to advertise, you can do so at the Mineral Rights MarketPlace)

There is a video on the Home page of this website that shows you how to checking surrounding production, etc. on the RRC website. you can look it up with the abstract numbers you have.

I called Travis Gross from Halcon - he told me that he was not the right person to speak with but he would forward my inquiry on to the correct person. That was two weeks ago - still have not heard anything.

My mother owns mineral rights in Brazos County and we were approached by a man named Hunter from Charleston Energy with an offer about five or six weeks ago. I had posted previously on this forum and have received quite a bit of useful information, advising me to not to accept his offer but to negotiate. I did email Hunter a week ago saying we were interested but would like to discuss the terms Have not heard back from him either.

Any advice on how to proceed? Thank you so much - Pam

Pamela,

I will contact Mr. Koch in Houston and see who is handling leasing in Brazos County Now.

Thanks,

Bill

Pamela,

I will contact Mr. Koch in Houston and see who is handling leasing in Brazos County Now.

Thanks,

Bill

Pamela Plaskett said:

I called Travis Gross from Halcon - he told me that he was not the right person to speak with but he would forward my inquiry on to the correct person. That was two weeks ago - still have not heard anything.

My mother owns mineral rights in Brazos County and we were approached by a man named Hunter from Charleston Energy with an offer about five or six weeks ago. I had posted previously on this forum and have received quite a bit of useful information, advising me to not to accept his offer but to negotiate. I did email Hunter a week ago saying we were interested but would like to discuss the terms Have not heard back from him either.

Any advice on how to proceed? Thank you so much - Pam

Thanks very much for your help

Pamela, Please check your personal messages on the Forum

Bill

Pamela Plaskett said:

Thanks very much for your help

Top, upper right hand corner "INBOX"

or call me 979-402-9363