basis for capital gains 2000.


I sold my share of an old lease (1944) but hope to establish a basis for capital gains in 1■■■■. Section 34-35 and 16. Can anyone help me figure out how to do this? I don't want to pay a mineral manager.


That is I need to know the value-per acre-bonus value, etc. Thanks


You have to give the complete section, township and range. There are many 34's, 35's, and 16's.

You also have to know how you obtained the minerals-by inheritance, purchase, gifted, etc.


Hi Megan. That is exactly what the guys at Stack Energy Consulting do. Here is their website:

They should be able to help.