Barnett Shale Leasehold

If anyone knows any leasing companies or operators seeking some nice leasehold acreage in northern Johnson County, please let me know. We have 120 acres of leasehold in the E Hendricks survey, A 328 between Mansfield and Alvarado. There are some extremely productive wells adjacent to our acreage (7M+ IP) and we’d like to find someone to drill these leases. Happy to share more information with anyinterested parties…

We are in the same situation in Hill County. This area of the Barnett is considered to be in the “dry gas” area of the Barnett. With gas prices being below the thresholds for commercial production, at this time, exploration and drilling have come to an abrupt halt for the most part. More supply than demand, simple economics. The Operator’s, however, are leasing in the “wet gas” areas where they can produce condensate and the oilier areas. I believe EOG is heavily involved in Montague County currently as far as the Barnett is concerned. Ditto from what I have seen also in the Eagle Ford. The “oilier” areas are getting leased and drilled. According to some reports it may be a couple of years before natural gas prices get above the thresholds necessary to produce from the unconventional plays.