Bankruptcy notice received in mail

@M_Barnes I recently received a bankruptcy notice in the mail… I’m not sure of the current company that I’m under. It was Linn Energy, then Riviera Resources, so I’m thinking maybe Riviera is filing bankruptcy. Not sure. I only own 10 acres of mineral rights. I’m just wondering if they are worthless now or what’s going on? I’m not sure if you have any info, but if so, please share. Or maybe point me in a direction to research myself. Thanks, Steve.

Follow the correspondence carefully. Usually, mineral owners are okay in OK and their royalties are protected. (You can follow that type of thread on the forum). In many cases, the companies are allowed to keep paying royalties until the bankruptcy is settled. Riviera sold many of their wells to Staghorn Petroleum, so you might see a new division order if your wells were on the list. https://imaging.occ.ok.gov/OG/Well%20Records/0059CE32.pdf.

The bankruptcy does not effect your ownership rights. While royalties may be missed or delayed, your minerals should be intact subject to any existing leases, etc.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.