Bakken Shale - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Enter your Sec. Township and range on this site & it will show you what wells are in the area Find My Well

Inherited mineral rights in Burleigh County, ND. Is this near any drilling activity? Do I wait to contacted or be aggressive and look for an oil company? Not sure how to go forward with this and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Has anyone been approached about top leasing or lease renewal in Williams County? I am wondering what the bonus/acre is currently in the T157N;R103W area.

Is there much top leasing activity in the Roosevelt County area? Many of these leases were negotiated back in 2008/2009 and should be approaching the top lease range.

Interested in finding out what $bonus money and royalty percentage is being paid cureenty on leases in Roosevelt County? Activity is picking up there. Also, does anyone know the rig county in the county presently?

Thank you Alex. Information on leases from mineral owners is always helpful in getting fair offers. I have worked on the other end and know how companies work, especially CHK!!!

Mr. Mallory, thanks for your response.

Just received a (DOTO) Division Order Title Opinion) Does this mean there has been a change in participates in the well?

Can I request, or can they divulge information on who all are participating in this lease? I don’t know who all are receiving checks.

What do you mean “participate in a well”?

I have also been lucky enough to have inherited mineral right in McKenzie county ND. Can anyone get me updates on what is going on up there right now and what to expect?

I have heard that there is going to be drilling in that area for quite some time, is this true?

Rickie

Rickie:

You are correct in your statement that there will be drilling in this McKinzie County area for quite some time. From what I’ve read, both McKinzie and Williams Counties will be in the spotlight for the 2012 and 2013 years partly due to the numerous undrilled mineral acreages in both counties and the further derisk areas that exits in these areas. It may still appear to moving slowly, especially when you have mineral acres in the area but eventually, you will most likely get to participate in a well. Be sure to stay abreast of the changing bonus and % royalty rates in the event that your mineral lease begins to expire and a top lease or new lease offer is presented to you. Good luck.

Rickie, I think Charles meant that your interests would be drilled when he said “participate”. If you have received a division order you have already been drilled and almost certainly producing. There has probably been no change in those participating in the well. The division order is simply asking you to agree that they have your interest calculated properly. If they have it wrong, it would be much easier to fix it now. If you are unsure, seek professional help. If any of the wording seems unclear, or could be construed to mean something that would not be in your best interest and that you did not agree to in the lease agreement, seek professional help. Congratulations on your well.

Rickie:

The (DOTO) is an opinion which is generally generated by an attorney which states the names and decimal ownership interests within a producing oil or gas well unit/lease. This paperwork is usually sent prior to a division order. It does not necessarily mean a change in participants in a well. You should be able to obtain the names of individuals participating in your unit if the DOTO does not reflect the info. By participating in a well, I mean that you hold mineral interests in a well along with other individuals.

We have leased mineral acres in Golden Valley Co. to Whiting Oil this last fall. We are near the town of Beach ND, and our acre bonus was nearly 2,000 an acre with a royalty that comes to 23%. Whiting has been moving quickly and very professionally having this week fracked the first tight oil well on the homeplace land. They are now pumping out the water and completing the well. It appears at this time that there will be five more of the conventional vertical wells on the over east section. I would highly recommend Whiting Oil for those searching for a fair deal!

Zeb, I’m not familiar with the towns in Golden Valley but have some interests in the county and am negotiating a lease now. Can you give me a Township-Range-Section? Thanks!

Richard:

Looks like an interesting site but can you provide instructions at the point where you zoom in on your area and the owner/appraisal, etc. screen appears. I clicked on owners and got no response.

This is a photo of the wellhead before fracking.

If you are a mineral owner only and do not know the surface owner try going to the following. http://svc.mt.gov/msl/mtcadastral

Some new areas showing up on the end of the month applications:

http://dnrc.mt.gov/EnvironmentalDocuments/Default.asp

(The well being completed now is a horizontal well on T-105) should be Range 105

Richard:

Our lease totals 640 acres split evenly in two parcels of 320, and as i had mentioned earlier, the geology of these to parcels are very different however, the lease agreement is the same for both parcels.

I would not be so sure;;it is already in about 5 states; does Not SOUND good:::http://bismarcktribune.com/news/state-and-regional/helms-says-epa-c…