Attorney for estate planning in McKenzie County, ND

I live out of state but have producing mineral acres in McKenzie County. I am in need of an estate planning attorney and have been told that a ND attorney with working knowledge of minerals, etc. would be preferable to one in my state. I do know of a firm here who works strictly estate planning for farmers and ranchers and I would prefer to have have an attorney close to home. However I do get to ND 3 or 4 times per year.

Anyone have any thoughts on which firm I should chose, ND or one in my town? If I should chose one from ND, does anyone have any recommendations for an attorney in or around the Bismarck area?

Thanks.

I recently had to go through probate court for my Mom for mineral rights on properties in Williams and McKenize Counties and used Mike Maus in Dickinson, ND. maus@mnattys.com or 701-483-4500. The benefit of having an attorney in ND is they know ND law and can file required paperwork much easier, rather than having a local attorney find a local attorney in ND do the same for you. Mike is very qualified, experienced, and fairly priced.

I agree w/ Bob Kelley. Each state has its own laws on mineral rights.