Atoka County Oklahoma Mineral Lease or sale information

I have been trying for three years since the Sommerset sell off to get information on Mineral values for Atoka County. We have 20 nma in 10-3s-10e southeast quadrant in Atoka County. Not much but at one time we were offered a $4400.00 per acre bonus for a 3 year lease and then the bottom fell out. I am frustrated because I cant find anyone to tell me what the bonus in that area might be right now and I am 1000 miles away. At this point we would entertain selling them outright or leasing but I get no replies from several landmen we have contacted. Are the leases in that area worth so little that no one will help.

Will,

Most people here say never sell any ever, you proved them wrong big time as mineralhub has 205 net mineral acres listed for $350 per and if you sold back when you were offered $4400 per acre lease bonus you would have made a bundle, probably $10,000 to $15,000 per acre loss. They are hard to sell even at $350, those listed are in the SE corner though. Yours would fair better since they are in the western part of the county. Oil prices are high right now especially considering the world economy, I wonder what they'll be saying if the bottom falls out of oil.

Will,

To answer your question a little better, if anyone wants to lease your minerals they will come to you. Unless your minerals are in an area where they are leasing and just haven't gotten to your tract yet then you will probably not find anyone to lease to by beating the bush, it is just a waste of time. With Natural gas prices where they are they are just not interested at all like they were when they offered $4400 bonus. They are leasing Western Johnston for the oil window of Woodford but I don't think it goes even into the Eastern part of Johnston which adjoins Atoka. It might be your best bet If you wait out the nat gas prices, which may be many years before it rises, and leasing activity may come back some day but I doubt you'll see $4400 per acre lease bonus there again in my lifetime. Just 3 days ago I had been discussing with other partners about that on sale in Eastern Atoka and the price, some did sell for $375 to a buyer but we turned down the $350. Western Atoka is better though. Unless you need the money I'd hold on to them, but it maybe many years.