Atascosa County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Our family owns surface and 50% controlling mineral interest in 206 acres south of Charlotte, TX.

Marathon has adjoining neighbor under lease agreement and may be ideal candidate. I am looking for a land man contact for them. Anyone have a name and number?

We own a small(ten acre) parcel in Jourdanton with mineral rights. We have recently been contacted by a landman from camino real mineral company. They are interested in leasing our land. We have no idea what the current market value of a lease would be. We live out of state. We would love to hear from anyone who has some valuable information to share with us.

I got $1600 an acre with 25% royalty on a 30 acre parcel (3 year term) a couple of years ago, and just signed another 2 year lease on a 10 acre parcel with 25% royalties.

Thank you Suzy. We haven’t signed anything until we do the research. We are just beginners. We have a lot to learn. Is the $1600 per acre the bonus? Is there a monthly lease amount besides the 25% royalties? Your help is so much appreciated!

I know what you mean. It’s all so confusing. I had to learn on my own, but a suggestion is going to the legal portion of this site. That was a big help. Also Eaglefordshale.com is a big help. And if you Google keywords eagleford shale +Atascosa county, TX, you’ll get a lot of info. Anyhow, yes, that was my sign on bonus for a 3 year lease. The 25% royalty comes when/if it gets drilled & starts producing. Where is your property? Mine is in Christine, TX.

Thank you Suzie for the great information. Our property is 10 miles south of Jourdanton, Texas just off of Route 16.

That’s only a couple miles from Christine. They’re starting to drill in that area! Another suggestion is research the company that wants to lease you. I’m with EOG, a great o&g company. And I forgot to answer your other question: there’s no monthly income from the sign on bonus. That only comes once, unless they have the option to lease a 2nd term.

I am 7 miles southeast of Lytle. Has anyone had any offer to lease their land as of yet. I know Cabot leased some land around the Rosseville area. Any word of any drilling activity around their yet?

Clint, can you explain something to me? Why would Murphy Oil permit a well in May of 2012 and then 3 more in 2013 and then “sit” on them, then in the same survey permit 4 more last summer, drill those 4 and then shut them in. And then two and three surveys over to the east they permitted 7 wells around last Oct. and just put them into production about a week or so ago? My lease is in the W. Brister Survey of Atascosa County which is pooled in 10 of the 12 wells permitted. I was told by their landman that they will come in late summer or fall and drill the 4 and then frac all of them at the same time. But that doesn’t answer my question as to why the discrepancies in permitting times.

Michal,

Trying to guess what these oil companies are doing is like trying to figure out wome......well I better not go there. That's a slippery slope.

Clint Liles

Thanks, Clint, for responding, even tho that’s not the answer I wanted… :slight_smile:

J. Michael, Not sure if the primary term of your lease has expired. If it has, look at your shut in royalty clause. Many reasons why wells get shut in.

I have been receiving letters after letters wanting a company to buy my minerals. I am doing ok with royalties, but the offers are extraordinary. Seems that my offers could well exceed the life of the well. I know that we all receive theses voicemails + letters weekly. Has anyone inquired? Thoughts?

Anyone know of any leasing or drilling activity in the Griffith Ranch Area

Hello...I am looking to lease and/or buy 5-10 acres of land, preferably off a major highway or county road for the purpose of possibly obtaining a permit for a saltwater disposal well. Three (3) phase nearby would be a huge plus. Please text/call Tim Terry at 512-791-2499

Is anyone familiar with the area immediately south of Somerset? I'm wondering about the area within about 2-5 miles driving distance to the south, southeast, and southwest. We know there are Olmos Sands wells that have been producing small amounts of oil for a long time. What about the Eagle Ford up here in the northern part of Atascosa? Are there any deep horizontal wells around here? Are there any new permits for deep well that haven't been drilled yet? It is my understanding that the Austin Chalk is roughly 2500 feet deep around here, and just under that is the Eagle Ford. What are the prospects for deep wells?

E Unum,

Do you have an Abstract , Block or Section # that we could go by to know the definite location in Atascosa County?

Clint Liles

For example, abst. 182 and abst. 119.

Good morning E Unum,

All I see in the area of your minerals are older vertical wells. The latest that I see was drilled in 1985.

http://webapps2.rrc.state.tx.us/EWA/drillingPermitDetailAction.do?methodToCall=searchByUniversalDocNo&universalDocNo=333621&rrcActionMan=H4sIAAAAAAAAAL1QsW7DIBD9mnREHI6jdLjBqtq5TaJmsDIQGzlI2FgHVluJj-_hqlLqdA4L7949jncvgZSoEkhAeCBqqiZaP-waamt5wpn_MGc9jkEJbosQdTQifooprIpqK1mhcKVeno8VwyLDlqxzduheDfU2hrfJ0NfPWNF6Fq2xN_Hi24N_0s4xUSKZONFw8HujqbkwtUV546YOc7eiLohRk-7ftZvMbJI9SCjyecxViWfT2SEcbczDeNqfGtSivtYvvoX7hRB-l9_gqDtDV0v-mwic6qUum0VICkGmgsEaZSr53jBx-_oueX4DCYaVRmECAAA

There is definitely production in the area.

GIS Map of Atascosa County A-182/section 336 and A-119/Section 280:

Clint Liles

Clint, yes, we know there are lots of shallow vertical wells. There are about 100 on this property. Everyone is very familiar with the shallow formations. I'm trying to see if it might be possible to find out who owns the deeper mineral rights (it isn't the operating company currently out here) and if it is possible to convince them to drill. I'm also interested because I'm trying to estimate the value of the mineral rights of some neighboring property that is up for sale. Has there been any exploration of the deep Eagle Ford or Pearsall formations this far north? We also have some property halfway to Poteet (and there is some more for sale) and I'm wondering about that too.