Assignment of heirship

My mother recently passed away and in her old papers was a oil and gas lease to Zone Exploration Inc for a section of land in Rosebud County, Montana. The lease was signed in 2008 and was for 5 years. I never heard that any drilling had taken place in this section, the lease was apparently on spec by the oil company. Can I still pursue an assignment of heirship with these mineral rights? I have already successfully transferred several other leases in San Juan County, NM, and would like to find out more about the Montana lease. Any help? Thanks! Brian

Always claim any mineral rights that you know about. Go on the Montana Oil and gas website and see what you can find.

1 Like