Article of Interest: Mostly about CHK and McClendon

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/the-big-fracking-bubble-the-scam-behind-the-gas-boom-20120301

Wilsontownship,

That's a good read. Sounds like some rotten apples out there.

Clint Liles

Dear Wilsontownship,

I posted this blog not long ago.

http://www.mineralrightsforum.com/profiles/blogs/the-beginning-of-t...

Remember when CHK rescinded offers of $25K per acre and then offered $1400 per acre? That was on one pricing crash in 2008. We are at another natural gas pricing bottom that we have not seen in about 10 years. In 2008 approximately 5500 field landmen lost their jobs. It remains to be seen about this gas bottom (I hope that it is the bottom).

When I was much younger I read Rollingstone religiously because I loved Rock & Roll. As I grew older and RS grew more political I decided to get my news elsewhere.

I don't dispute many of the claims made in the article as I have heard little good spoken of Mr. McClendon, but this subject can be discussed without the leftward lean into the Tea Party and the Koch Brothers and the general assertion that the entie energy industry is intentionally poisoning the earth and getting rich on the backs of the poor and downtrodden. I hope Jann Wenner's Chevy Volt doesn't catch fire on the way to his publishing empire!

I found the article an interesting read, inspite of the political skew it has. I wish it would have mentioned the North Dakota acreage it leased up last year.

It nauseates me each time an article spews what they believe, instead of cut and dry facts. I don't watch many of the newscasters I once did, after the pre-2008 election. That was over the top how one-sided they all think.

That author seemed pretty concerned about the pricey wines that were being consumed. If he was to follow around the wealthy crowd on the left, I'm sure they also consume pricey wines.

Drill-baby-Drill

Well spoken Snues!

If we could stop all fracking that should cause the avg natural gas house bill to go up from $75 to $275 per month & gas to go up to $12 per gallon which should really help the wind & solar industry.

Michael Hutchison said:

Well spoken Snues!

Step right up Wind and Solar it's called free enterprise. When alternative energy can compete with hydrocarbon based energy on a level playing field I will welcome it with open arms. But if I have to apply for a tax rebate in order to afford an electric car, in the words of President Bush #1 "not gonna do it, wouldn't be prudent"!

"not gonna do it, wouldn't be prudent"!

I can almost hear the Dana Carvey version of that line. LOL

Thats what I was hearing in my head when it came to me to say it!

Michael, read about a real "Tea Party"
PAY ATTENTION ALL PARENTS AND GRANS
When I was a toddler, someone gave me a little Tea Set as a gift,
and it was one of my favorite toys. Daddy was in the living room
engrossed in the evening news when I brought him a cup of "tea"
which was just water, of course. After several cups of tea and lots
of praise for such yummy tea, my Mom came home. My dad made
her wait in the living room to watch his little Princess bring him a
cup of tea, because it was , "Just the cutest thing!" My Mom waited,
and sure enough, here I come down the hall with a cup of tea for
Daddy. She watches him drink it up and then says, "Did it ever occur
to you that the only place a toddler can reach to get water is the "TOILET."
THE END(I CAN HERE YOU LAUGHING)
CLINT LILES

When I was much younger I read Rollingstone religiously because I loved Rock & Roll. As I grew older and RS grew more political I decided to get my news elsewhere.

I don't dispute many of the claims made in the article as I have heard little good spoken of Mr. McClendon, but this subject can be discussed without the leftward lean into the Tea Party and the Koch Brothers and the general assertion that the entie energy industry is intentionally poisoning the earth and getting rich on the backs of the poor and downtrodden. I hope Jann Wenner's Chevy Volt doesn't catch fire on the way to his publishing empire!

Clint,

Did you ever forgive your Dad for calling you "his little Princess" ?

Lookout now. I've been called a lot of things in my 70 years but never"Princess".

I think this story originally came out of Oklahoma. So it couldn't have been me.

Michael, did Johnny Cash forgive his dad for naming him "Sue".

Can you imagine that little girls dad when he realized what he had been drinking. YUK

Have a good day Michael.

Michael Hutchison said:

Clint,

Did you ever forgive your Dad for calling you "his little Princess" ?

Thank you Mr. Liles,

Or the bathtub faucet, but still a good story.

That's funny!

Clint Liles said:

Michael, read about a real "Tea Party"
PAY ATTENTION ALL PARENTS AND GRANS
When I was a toddler, someone gave me a little Tea Set as a gift,
and it was one of my favorite toys. Daddy was in the living room
engrossed in the evening news when I brought him a cup of "tea"
which was just water, of course. After several cups of tea and lots
of praise for such yummy tea, my Mom came home. My dad made
her wait in the living room to watch his little Princess bring him a
cup of tea, because it was , "Just the cutest thing!" My Mom waited,
and sure enough, here I come down the hall with a cup of tea for
Daddy. She watches him drink it up and then says, "Did it ever occur
to you that the only place a toddler can reach to get water is the "TOILET."
THE END(I CAN HERE YOU LAUGHING)
CLINT LILES

http://www.chk.com/rollingstone/index.html

TXWY, Thanks for putting up "The other side of the story" but what was CHK thinking? Giving an interview to RS is like Japanese whale hunters giving an interview to Greenpeace!

Rolling Stone counters Chesapeake's rebuttal...

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/blogs/national-affairs/rolling-stone-responds-to-chesapeake-energy-on-the-fracking-bubble-20120306

Wilson

Michael, can you remember when a manufacturer could dump tailings into a river for no cost. They might dispose of lead or mercury or arsenic all at no cost to themselves but you and I could no longer fish or swim in that body of water. Well the Clean Water Act changed the accounting and they could no longer pollute the commons. Right now if coal plants are able to pollute the air, or no portion of the $800B DoD budget is accounted for in the price of gasoline are we really talking about a level playing field? Sometimes it's all about how you do the accounting.

Michael Hutchison said:

Step right up Wind and Solar it's called free enterprise. When alternative energy can compete with hydrocarbon based energy on a level playing field I will welcome it with open arms. But if I have to apply for a tax rebate in order to afford an electric car, in the words of President Bush #1 "not gonna do it, wouldn't be prudent"!