Are Reeves County wells producing?

There have been a lot of discussions regarding signing bonuses, etc., but I haven't seen any discussions regarding drilling and royalty payments. Can anyone in Reeves County tell me if "they" have drilled on your property, and if so, how much the well is producing?

Trying not to get my hopes up, but still....hoping! :-)

We were told by a CWE landman that they would probably start drilling by Dec(signed lease 2 weeks ago)… he also said that 9 of the 11 holes have hit - not a bad average. We too would like to know if anyone has seen any production and if so … what.

what section are you in?

Section 219

scott r taylor said:

what section are you in?

Gas well in Block 58 low producing. This was 5 years ago and was a verticle drill. Looking forward to new lease on our sections.

Use the RailRoad Commission website to find producing wells and check their output…

Laura;

I'm VERY new to this....so I don't know where to look on the Railroad commision website. Could you provide more info for me, please?

Laura Reagan said:

Use the RailRoad Commission website to find producing wells and check their output....

Here is the link

http://gis2.rrc.state.tx.us/public/startit.htm

But to be honest - I havent found anything meaningful - the Clayton Williams wolf bone formation play is too new for any of us to really get a feel for what might happen.

My landmand stated that the odds are greater than 50% and that you can expect about half of what your bonus pay out is in commissions... let all keep our finger crossed..best of luck to you

Kathy said:

Laura;

I'm VERY new to this....so I don't know where to look on the Railroad commision website. Could you provide more info for me, please?

Laura Reagan said:

Use the RailRoad Commission website to find producing wells and check their output....

CWE........that's Clayton Williams Energy? We received a phone call regarding our mineral rights in Reeves county from them as well.......said they wanted to "extend" our lease that is due to expire next week that we had with Petro Hunt. Did you decide to sign a lease with them? We are trying to decide what to do!

Thanks,

Paul & Mary Anne Palmer

Kreg Harrison said:

We were told by a CWE landman that they would probably start drilling by Dec(signed lease 2 weeks ago).... he also said that 9 of the 11 holes have hit - not a bad average. We too would like to know if anyone has seen any production and if so .. what.

Clayton Williams Energy has been good to us - we had a good offering and they paid quickly. Yes - we did sign. They seem to be upfront and ethical / pretty much got top dollar for our lease.

Thanks Kreg ~ Appreciate your feedback!

Paul & Mary Anne Palmer

Great! Wish you lots of luck Kreg! What section are you in?

Kreg Harrison said:

Clayton Williams Energy has been good to us - we had a good offering and they paid quickly. Yes - we did sign. They seem to be upfront and ethical / pretty much got top dollar for our lease.

Block C8 - Section 25. There is a oil well permit that was opened July 15th - which is wierd that they could get that approval prior to me signing my lease - but I am not complaining. The fact that the well is marked on the map shows serious intent to dill - however there seems to be a zillion blue rings in that area (blue rings on the texas rr site mean - permit applied), there are very few green dots (producing wells) in that area - of course - the Wolfbone oil play is so new -that no one really knows what to expect. I would say with $1000 per acre bonus interests and 3.5 million dollar rig costs per hole - you would think there is a high probability of hitting something.

Lets all hope it happens soon.. if the stock markets tank and oil drops below $70/Barrell - they will cease all drilling until the market can once again supports $70+/BBL ...its a real nail bitter aint it? :-)

Yeah...never ever thought I'd be hoping oil prices stay UP! :-) I must have read something wrong on the Texas RR site...I thought blue ring meant dry hole. Glad I'm wrong!!

This land has been in my Dad's family for approx. 150 years. About 3 years ago, a company contacted my Mom wanting to do a "geological survery", which they would sell to oil companies upon request. She agreed, they did the survery (we weren't allowed any information regarding the survery) and since then we've been offered big bucks by oil companies to sell them our mineral rights. Not gonna happen big boys! :-)

Kreg Harrison said:

Block C8 - Section 25. There is a oil well permit that was opened July 15th - which is wierd that they could get that approval prior to me signing my lease - but I am not complaining. The fact that the well is marked on the map shows serious intent to dill - however there seems to be a zillion blue rings in that area (blue rings on the texas rr site mean - permit applied), there are very few green dots (producing wells) in that area - of course - the Wolfbone oil play is so new -that no one really knows what to expect. I would say with $1000 per acre bonus interests and 3.5 million dollar rig costs per hole - you would think there is a high probability of hitting something.

Lets all hope it happens soon.. if the stock markets tank and oil drops below $70/Barrell - they will cease all drilling until the market can once again supports $70+/BBL ...its a real nail bitter aint it? :-)

where are your minerals mary anne?

trent

Mary Anne Taylor Palmer said:

CWE........that's Clayton Williams Energy? We received a phone call regarding our mineral rights in Reeves county from them as well.......said they wanted to "extend" our lease that is due to expire next week that we had with Petro Hunt. Did you decide to sign a lease with them? We are trying to decide what to do!

Thanks,

Paul & Mary Anne Palmer

Kreg Harrison said:

We were told by a CWE landman that they would probably start drilling by Dec(signed lease 2 weeks ago).... he also said that 9 of the 11 holes have hit - not a bad average. We too would like to know if anyone has seen any production and if so .. what.