Are my inherited rights worth anything?

I know nothing about these except these at all?
The coordinates are S:26, T:15N, R:6W. Any help or assistance anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Derek

Welcome to the forum. Your question is too general. We can help you better if you ask specific questions. Did you inherit? Do you want to know about recent wells, etc.

Hello and thank you for your reply. Please excuse me but know nothing abit l about mineral rights. What I know Yes we’ve been aware that the family have them they were originally purchased my grandfather his sister and my grandmother all had right. They’ve been passed down in the family my mother ended up with all of them as everyone else has passed. My grandmother used to receive royalty checks and get mad because she’d have to take them to the accountant and pay taxes on them. On that letter with Was a description of the property location apparently. We don’t know where to go luck to check to see if it’s worth anything or even where to start the process Of identifying them or anything.

Thank you again. Your knowledge iui s GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you

You said that your mother inherited. Does she have a formal probate such as a will that has finalized? When did she inherit? There is at least one horizontal well which has been online since 2015. Depending upon which quarter section she is is in, there is a gas well that had production unit 2018. Marathon Oil has the horizontal well. She would need to contact them to get the pay changed from the grandmother to her name. She should probably check the unclaimed funds office of the OK Treasurer.

You should search your family members using these sites:

Oklahoma Unclaimed Property Search

Multi-State Unclaimed Search

Mineral Interest Escrow Account Search

Kingfisher county has been very active in the past few years. When you contact Marathon. Ask them what is needed to get the royalties into “pay status”. They will likely require a probate of one or more estates which is not as big as a headache as some make it seem.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.