Are companies renewing their leases in Colorado?

We entered in to one of the standard 3 year leases with Quicksilver back in 2011 and there was the 2 year option to extend the lease. The lease will be up next year and I'm curious if they will extend. They have not permitted anything. Our interests are just south of Buck Peak in Moffat County. Of course the lease is held by Shell now I'm assuming, though I have never received anything from the company. Has anyone had a similar lease and had agreements renew? I'm kind of hoping they do not renew so we can get into a better agreement. We didn't know very much when we signed the last one.

T Camper,

I recently did an evaluation in Moffat for the personal rep of some estate mineral rights. Send me a "Friend" request with your legal description and if your acreage happens to be in the area, I'll tell you what I know.

I don't think Quicksilver would be assigning leases to Shell in the area I'm familiar with as it seems to be doing well on its own and seems to be consolidating its lease hold in accordance with a good plan of development . In fact Shell backed out of a lease with my client then the leasing company tried to resurrect it without Shell's backing. who Knows?? Left hand and right hand confusion.

Quicksilver and Shell (a/k/a SWEPI) have some type of joint operating agreement for their operations. Overall, it seems that Shell is taking over the opreations, but Quicksilver is retaining some type of involvement. There are a handful of companies in the Moffat County area that are leasing.

The information is for general information purposes only. This should not be substituted for legal advice and should not be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or reading does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. You are encouraged to contact an attorney for legal advice concerning the information provided.

Thanks guys. I sent you a request Gary. I'll send you the legal description as well. I think it's T6N R90W sec 21, 22, 27 and 28 but not sure. It's just out of Craig and south of Buck Peak. Lots of permits around it, but none right there.

hi all, that was a crazy 2 summers ago, in the town of craig and there abouts...

hoping for the town and the families - it does stay in the ' game' with all the above mentioned 'players' for the long run.

i for sure, would love to be able to rewrite some of the leases my family did…

it is a hard/tuff world these guys live in... one never knows if they know what they are doing cus they're so big,? or if, it is just like a card game, trade you this for that?

well, its winter now, was wondering, anyone heard anything about / or, from axia?

take care and many good holiday wishes sent to you all.

t. camper said:

thanks guys. i sent you a request gary. i'll send you the legal description as well. i think it's t6n r90w sec 21, 22, 27 and 28 but not sure. it's just out of craig and south of buck peak. lots of permits around it, but none right there.

I did just get an offer to renew the lease but it is half the per acre price of the original. Was $500 and now $250. Take it or leave it??