Appraisal value for selling mineral/oil/gas rights

Hi -

I'm considering selling some mineral/gas/oil rights I have in Karnes County, which

are currently being leased. I've had an two offers, which are close in value, but I'm

wanting to know how I can obtain an unbiased appraisal for the rights I own.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Cindy M.

Cynthia - Those are some very valuable rights and I think you may have some very good new wells on your acreage. I'd be very hesitant to sell in that area.

As far as an unbiased appraisal, the best way to get one of those is from a petroleum engineer/geologist who can evaluate the recoverable reserves under your tract. Even that will involve a lot of guesswork as to what oil and gas prices will be when wells begin producing and how many wells will be drilled on a given tract. It will also probably cost a considerable amount of money if you can find someone to do such an analysis on a smaller tract.

Hi Cynthia -

Karnes County is one of the most productive Counties in Texas. I have to agree with Marcus T that I would urge you to be very hesitant to sell.

Having said that, depending upon where the subject lands are located Karnes County, your interests could be worth thousands upon thousands upon thousands of dollars per net mineral acre.

If you will post your legal description, I will be happy to take a look at your area and send you some information on what is happening on the ground. If you would prefer to send me the legal description privately, accept my offer to become A Friend on The Forum and send it to me that way.

Hope this helps -

Charles Emery Tooke III

Certified Professional Landman

Fort Worth, Texas