Appraisal for land went up

Hello, my appraisal has almost doubled from the Last 15 years! Went from 10,000.00 too 18,000.00. For 20 acres It’s nothing but brush,never had a well on it ever as far as I know,never while I owned it. I couldn’t have sold for 10,000.00, if my life depended on it! How would I sell for 18,000.00 It’s section 14 - block 7 - east 1/2 of the NE1/4 OF THE NE 1/4 OF Section 14 - block 7 , Reeve’s county,texas! I have the form the sent me for disputing this! How should I word it. Thank you so much William g Sweeney jr

Please provide the state and county your property is located in.

If in Texas, have you kept your agriculture exemption current with the appraisal district? Also, in Texas, it is past the time to file

I don’t live there, nobody could,except for cows . Don’t know what the agricultural things are!

Know the feeling about property appraisals going up. Our half section went from 14,400 to 144,000. Same jump from the family’s full section. Appraisal district claims recent property sells have pushed the value up, but they have yet to provide proof of such sales. Can’t imagine getting $450 per acres for that scrub land near Toyah.

Hi, can you tell me if I posted this in the right category! Thank you

So there actually is a well in Section 14, Block 7, Reeves County. The TREES RANCH 14-4301H from Pioneer Natural Resources (formerly Parsley Energy), and based on the permit, all owners in that section should be getting paid on it. Also, that area could sell for $7-15k per net mineral acre.

Do you know the abstract number of where your property is? Sometimes that clarifies things.

Yes, this looks like the right category now :slight_smile:

Hi Tracy, it looks like we are in 2 different conversations. I am sorry for this. I only own the surface rights. The Abstract # is A-3874. I never received anything from anyone. Like I said there is absolutely nothing on my acres. Thank you and sorry again. William Sweeney

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.