Application for Unitization Blayney S WHL BL Unit

Hello Folks! Been a long time since I have posted on here. My update is that I have received an Application for Unitization for my gas rights and I am trying to figure out what this all means. There is a meeting with Ascent Resources in September. I will join the meeting but at present, what should I know about this? What is the end game for a meeting like this? Is it about royalties? I have a lot of questions and don’t want to walk into this meeting uniformed, any help greatly appreciated! Thanks everyone, I look forward to learning more about this. I thought Ascent was done with us because my bro wouldn’t sign onto the leasing agreement in the first go around and that was years ago. I guess they must want something else. Thanks again, Coro Fox

1 Like

You could look up unitization in the Ohio Oil and Gas Commission or their equivalent to get a feel for what it means. That word can mean different things in different states. It is about more efficient operation of an area and sometimes is for secondary recovery. Read the packet they send as it will explain what they want to do.

You could also look up the Ohio Chapter of the National Association of Royalty Owners and contact the president of the chapter. He is very good at explaining what is going on in OH. They host various webinars and townhalls (mostly on Zoom in the last year) that address issues like these.

Check your local newspaper and other online sources for the Operators, mentions of local meetings, etc.

1 Like

Thanks for taking the time to help. I have talked to someone at the Ohio dnr and she told me where to look on their website at the application sent in by Ascent Resources. I have learned that even if one doesn’t sign on to lease, as in my brothers case, he will still see some royalties, just not at the percentage others have signed onto.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.