Apache Leasing in Reeves County

I’ve noticed on Courthouse Direct/LeaseAlert.com the past few weeks of Apache leasing in the Alpine High region. All the leasing is being done in Reeves County Block 71(Abstracts 2920, 4108, 5260, 5271, 5102, 5103, 2456, and 2452.)

Those tracts are north of 20 and west end of things ready for infill. Our 58 acres are Hwy 2903 south of I-20 and Apache allowed our lease to expire back in Jan 2021. We seem to be on the transition between Alpine High and Wolfcamp. One gas well drilled a mile east of us. Sure would like to re-lease. Not interested in selling minerals, but also haven’t had any offers to buy. That’s the oil business for you.

Clint, is there any leasing South of Toyah around County Road 214? Thanks

John from what I see is that Apache is leasing West of Toyah and just North of I-20. Circled in red is the areas listed.

We had a lease on our property but ran out towards the end of 2020. Just wondering if any companies were looking South of Toyah.

John I really don’t know…hopefully with the price of natural gas on the rise that other operators will get involved with the Alpine High exploration. DRILL BABY DRILL…but hopefully Chesapeake won’t be one of them. Period.

Maybe time to give Apache a call again.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.