Apache corporation shut in production

Has Apache corporation shut down all of their interest in lea county?? Even producing???

Moved to the Lea County group.

From what I have read, a lot of the majors are going to shut down even active wells, not only ones in progress of drilling. The Albuquerque Journal reported on 4.8.20 that many rigs are being carried off for storage. Not sure I have received a check from Apache for March but they were paying every month in my case.

I received a royalty check in March. But have not received any notification they have shut in well producing. Any one else have any information?

I have been praying for a “Shut In Notification”!! Nothing yet!

Why may I ask would you want this?

Pumping wells at the current price of oil is not lucrative for anybody, including holders of mineral rights who are receiving royalty payments. I’d rather have current wells shut in now at these abysmal WTI prices and have them reopened when the price recovers, whenever that may be.

I have just reviewed my revenue for March and I did receive a check from Apache on 3/20/20. All my production with Apache is in Lea Cty and per an ABQ Journal article on 4/8/20 there are many rigs being moved and wells being shut in. The rig count will be way down in the Permian. As a royalty owner, I’ll take what I can get. Revenue is revenue.

I am in the same boat as you are ! Wait and see.

Certainly, revenue is revenue, and if you need the money immediately I can understand your desire to receive royalties now. I’d prefer to receive royalties on production when WTI is higher.

BTW, it has nothing to do with “needing the money immediately”. As a royalty owner, you don’t have control over what decisions corporations make on production.i

I’m well-aware of what royalty owners do and do not have control over. And yes, I know that I don’t have control over what decisions corporations make on production. What about my post indicated otherwise? I simply stated my preference that the wells on which I receive royalties be shut-in for the time being, until the price of oil goes higher. Last I checked volume x price is used to calculate royalties, yes? As such, I would love for producers to leave it in the ground for now, when it’s worth a lot less than it has been, and pump it at a later date when I’ll make more revenue on it. Will I take what I can get? Sure, I guess…I don’t really have a choice. But I have a preference, and if it is different than yours, then so be it. Good day to you.

Apache will most likely continue to pay on the larger wells. I have new bankruptcy proceedings received with another major company and even after the initial filing they will continue to pay royalty owners by court order.

Royalty owners are generally treated differently than Overriding Royalties as one runs with the land and one is contractual in nature. My position in New Mexico is an ORI and i have not been paid since check dated 12/31. In reaching out i was told the operator sold their position and was pointed to the company, BXP OPERATING, LLC. i inquired and they confirmed that they indeed had purchased the interest of the prior operator, POGO, and said the records conveyed were manual and as such to please be patient. So now i have seen nothing for what historically was three months of fairly consistent revenue. Is there a website that i might go to to see if these wells in Lea County have been shut in?

Wells are State BT D #1, State BT D #3, and State BT I #1.

I also have production in Lea Cty with Pogo. Haven’t seen any checks from BXP. yet. However, it’s not much revenue as I only had one check from Pogo in Dec. 2019. My interest is pretty small and I’d have to research the age of the well(s).

I never intended for my original question to cause discord. I am limited with my knowledge on where to go for information. I have found this whole site very valuable. We all prefer bigger royalties. But I was just looking for information.

Hey Kathy, I don’t think your original question caused discord at all. I thought it was a great question! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you NativeDancer

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.