Anything going on in these areas?

Our families own mineral rights in 160 acres. They are in Boulder County and Weld County. Right across the road from each other. Weld county Township 2 North, Range 68 West 6th PM Section 19:2NNW, N252NW Ross 19-2N-68W

Boulder County Township 2 North, Range 69 West 6th PM Section 24:S2NE4

We had our rights taken away from us by a contractor for Crestone Peak after they did a title search… We were getting paid since my Grandmother Ross bought the acreage decades ago. We have been getting paid since 2009. We were able to negotiate with Regnier Farms under threat of litigation to retain our rights thankfully.

Now Civitas Resources has purchased Crestone Peak. They were put on notice back in November of 2022 and just now paid us for back payments that were in suspense. But only for the Regnier Farms wells 1A-19H-B268 and 1B-19H-B268. These new wells came on line a couple of years ago with horizontal wells.

We are still waiting for new Division Orders since November of 2022 from Civitas Resources for our other wells.

We sent a demand for interest payments as the amount held was over 470k.

Now there is another well that has been completed. It is the Williams 2-8-18 which is just above our property.

Can anyone tell me what other wells might be coming online or permitted in my area please? And if I should be getting anything from the new Williams well?

Thanks in advance. I just love this site and the people on it helping folks.

John

The Williams 2-8-18 looks like an abandoned location so it was never drilled. The spacing is 18-S2SW and 19-N2NW, so yall would have been receiving royalties. There are permits through 24-2N-69W, also Civitas.

Thanks so much for your reply NOP LLC. We have never received royalties for the Williams 2-8-18. Would you be so kind and post a link on the Williams well production prior to it being plugged and abandoned? I’m trying to find the information on the Colorado website but I really don’t know what to do. Also if you could include the link where Civitas Resources is bringing something online I would sincerely appreciate it. Thanks in advance, John

The well was never drilled, attached is the permit…see 33. Comments

If you go to the COGCC GIS Map, toggle directional wellbores on the layer list and you can click those little circles at the end of the well lateral…that brings up the scout card where you can find production information. Also, doesn’t look like they’re going to drill those boulder wells any time soon: Civitas leaves fight to tap oil, gas under Boulder County open space

400316228_approved (2).pdf (90.6 KB)

Thanks so much nop_llc. I really appreciate your assistance. John

Hi nop_llc,

I went to the link where Boulder County refused to be Pooled and fought it in the courts. Our family sold land to Boulder County. Retaining our mineral rights. I posted the location above in my first post. Can you tell me if our land would have been part of Civitas’ pooling Boulder County? Our agreement to sell our surface rights states that Boulder County would assist with any production of oil and gas. Have they possibly broken our legal contract?

Thanks in advance, John

Yes the Paintbrush / Blue Bonnet wells (Blue Paintbrush Pad) are specificially mentioned in that article. I have no idea on the rest, could make a compelling legal argument…could also just mean they would sign a surface use agreement / allow it to be extracted from a pad on an adjacent tract if it got to that stage. Based on the commissioner’s comment, they seem to think they need to assist in keeping it from production. The problem is the county owns over 550 acres of the minerals.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.