Anyone receiving interest in Converse County, WY?

Hi all,

My family has recently been approached by a landman (from Upstream Innovations representing Chesapeake Energy) wanting to lease some of our mineral rights NW of Douglas. This was over a month ago and haven't heard anything since. The deal seems pretty good (after having read some of the posts here) and I was wondering if others are on here are also being approached.

Thanks in advance!

George Shields

same thing here, although west of Douglas. We were talking but we wanted to add certain clauses. The landman said it could be awhile before they could get an answer and we are still waiting. I pretty much indicated that if we didn’t get the clauses we would pass on the offer so it could be that is what happened.

Hi Dorothy, I talked to my mom and a package has been sent to her house in WY and she is forwarding it to me here in OK. When I get it I’m going to have an attorney here look at it. If it’s alright, I’ll send a private message to you about the details. I think the landowners/mineral owners need to know who is being offered what, and so on. I’ve talked to a lot of oil people here since this started (one is a friend who works on the other side: He tries to get the best deal for the oil company) and he had a lot of good advice.

Here’s to hoping we all do well on this!

Dorothy Johnson said:

same thing here, although west of Douglas. We were talking but we wanted to add certain clauses. The landman said it could be awhile before they could get an answer and we are still waiting. I pretty much indicated that if we didn’t get the clauses we would pass on the offer so it could be that is what happened.

Thanks George. I agree we need to keep each other informed and hope others will continue to do this as well.

George Shields said:

Hi Dorothy, I talked to my mom and a package has been sent to her house in WY and she is forwarding it to me here in OK. When I get it I’m going to have an attorney here look at it. If it’s alright, I’ll send a private message to you about the details. I think the landowners/mineral owners need to know who is being offered what, and so on. I’ve talked to a lot of oil people here since this started (one is a friend who works on the other side: He tries to get the best deal for the oil company) and he had a lot of good advice.

Here’s to hoping we all do well on this!

Dorothy Johnson said: