Anyone know what this is?

Wildcat daniels Tong 1, Apache Corp, Daniels County, Montana, 33N-49E-33:

It is southeast of Scobey no where near where the first wells are to be drilled. Copy and past it into your search engine and it will come up on the dnrc map.

What is known about Apache drilling in the Four Buttes area?

Sounds like some of the key components of the rig got caught up in South Dakota so they are running a few days behind schedule but drilling is going to commence very shortly.

Don Leroux said:

What is known about Apache drilling in the Four Buttes area?

When you say Four Buttes, do you mean the Four Buttes Farm or is there a Four Buttes town? I'm not familiar with the area but my aunt and uncle owned a farm they called their "Four Buttes Farm". That farm is part of the mineral rights I, along with the rest of the inheritors, have.

The Four Buttes I was referring to is a very small community in the mid part of Daniels County Montana.

My family also has a small amount of minerals in T-33, R-49-Sec. 33&34. Will you tell me if Apache contacted U directly? Is anyone one else leasing? thanks.

Tong 1 was a well drilled in the 1980's. It is abandoned, if you go to the montana oil and gas division of the state dnrc on Montana .gov you can see the history and data of this well site.

Has anyone heard anything about the rig in the Four Buttes area? Pictures Shale posted on their Facebook page indicate it's up but nothing more.

I imagine it will be pretty secretive from here on out. They won't let the cat outa the bag for as long as they can.

Stupid question, I know...but why?

Because its good business to keep your cards close to the vest.

What do they gain? Hang onto the oil revenue longer?

If they hit a gusher and decide to lease more land I suppose is one scenario. Another would be to not let their competitors in on what they have learned.

Its also probably why they drilled on state land first. So they could keep under their hats longer what they learn about the first few wells.

Ahh...makes sense. Thanks.

It'll be fun to see what happens when they complete the first well and how long it takes to get info about it.

Did you see that they are hauling in pipe for the keystone pipeline? Its gonna be stored at the Glasgow air force base. It hasn't been approved yet but they are apparently confident it will be. There was an article about it in the Billings Gazette the other day.

I think they will still have to report production to the state and the information will become public record. I also think there is a good chance that geological information might have to be reported to the state and that would also become public knowledge. Of course the information may be moot if, as one forum member has told me that SE and Apache have Daniels county sewed up.

Billy Bob Jim Bob said:

Its also probably why they drilled on state land first. So they could keep under their hats longer what they learn about the first few wells.

Also it would give them a chance to unload some of the acreage if they drill a duster. I hope for all concerned that they hit oil and a good quantity of it, but the fact is you don't really know until you drill and the acreage becomes "proven".

Billy Bob Jim Bob said:

If they hit a gusher and decide to lease more land I suppose is one scenario. Another would be to not let their competitors in on what they have learned.

Just saw that they modified their permits. The only thing I notice that changed is the PBHL.... and by a minuscule amount in comparison to the overall length.