Anyone know Bear Cat company in Grimes County, TX

Anyone familiar with a company called Bear Cat that is leasing land in the Grimes County area of Texas? If so, do you have a contact name. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi, Captain -

The following link will take you to the State's Taxable Entity Search page (click on the link in the upper left-hand corner for the search page): http://ecpa.cpa.state.tx.us/coa/Index.html

I took a look and found only a financial company of some sort under Bear Cat. But found several oil and gas industry related companies beginning with Bearcat that might be the one you are looking for.

It might be simpler, however, to just call the Grimes County Clerk's Office and ask them if they know. If they don't, they may be willing to ask the Landmen using their records - one of them more than like will know and may even be one of Bearcat's Landmen.

If that doesn't work, ask one of the Clerk's to give you Bearcat's address - it will be on every lease they take in their own name. Where the documents are being returned to after they are filed and recorded might be helpful information as well.

Hope this helps -

Charles

Charles Emery Tooke III

Certified Professional Landman

Fort Worth, Texas

Thank you so much Charles. You have given me some good information. I will make a trip to the Grimes County Clerk Office in the next week or so to do just that. Who knows, I might even pickup another name or two while there.

Charles Emery Tooke III said:

Hi, Captain -

The following link will take you to the State's Taxable Entity Search page (click on the link in the upper left-hand corner for the search page): http://ecpa.cpa.state.tx.us/coa/Index.html

I took a look and found only a financial company of some sort under Bear Cat. But found several oil and gas industry related companies beginning with Bearcat that might be the one you are looking for.

It might be simpler, however, to just call the Grimes County Clerk's Office and ask them if they know. If they don't, they may be willing to ask the Landmen using their records - one of them more than like will know and may even be one of Bearcat's Landmen.

If that doesn't work, ask one of the Clerk's to give you Bearcat's address - it will be on every lease they take in their own name. Where the documents are being returned to after they are filed and recorded might be helpful information as well.

Hope this helps -

Charles

Charles Emery Tooke III

Fort Worth, Texas

If it's a competitive bid you are looking for, I may be able to find you one - especially for larger tracts of land. But the Mineral Rights Forum frowns upon solicitations in these conversations, so you'd have to call me on your own or something.

Captain Skittles said:

Thank you so much Charles. You have given me some good information. I will make a trip to the Grimes County Clerk Office in the next week or so to do just that. Who knows, I might even pickup another name or two while there.

Charles Emery Tooke III said:

Hi, Captain -

Hope this helps -

Charles

Charles Emery Tooke III

Fort Worth, Texas

There may be several, but here is one that does oil and gas leases throughout this whole area:

Bear cat Land, Inc.

11302 Quail Creek Rd, Suite 102

Oklahoma City, OK 73120

JW, I will definitely give that address a looksee. Thanks.

JW Anderson said:

There may be several, but here is one that does oil and gas leases throughout this whole area:

Bear cat Land, Inc.

11302 Quail Creek Rd, Suite 102

Oklahoma City, OK 73120

Mike, no luck with negotiating a lease. My attorney would not return the land person's phone calls (strategy) then started ignoring mine. It wasn't as if I were pestering him because I only spoke with him a maximum of 3 times during a 6 month period. As a result, I cut him loose as I'm tired of the runaround. I think I can do better by myself. At this point, I plan on doing my own negotiations upfront i.e. bonus, term, royalty percentage, as well as certain "required" amendments to their contractual language before turning anything over to an attorney for the final review.

The company wanting to lease our land has moved out of the county now; however, I was told by the land person that they still might be interested. Because of what has already transpired, I'm at a disadvantage negotiating anything successfully with them hence my reasoning for locating other companies leasing in the area.

My email address is: captainskittles@AOL.com in case you want to compare notes.

Mike R said:

Captain,

Did you have any luck with your attorney negotiating your lease? I've been following that message thread since I've also using an attorney who appears to want to use hardball negotiating techniques. I'm somewhat nervous whether the O&G company will want to proceed or just walk on their offer.

I contacted the Grimes County Clerks office and they are telling me there is no record of a Bearcat company filing any leases; however, the clerk went onto say that they have up to one (1) year to file it in county records.

If your land is near Iola, I can refer you to a company that is leasing in that area.

Thanks,

Clint

If it's Bear Cat land headquartered in Oklahoma I can put you in touch with someone.

I'm not sure if it's the same. But I was working in Leon County in 2009/2010 and there had been a company called Bearkat, with a K doing some leasing. You might try that, I think I remember them being from The Woodlands?

I did find out that BearKat Energy's main office is located in The Woodlands, TX.

As info, they signed leases with two landowners in the Iola area for $600 per acre. I don't know any other details i.e. term, lease provisions, etc.

CW Croley said:

If your land is near Iola, I can refer you to a company that is leasing in that area.

Thanks,

Clint

Clint, please provide me with the name of the company. Thanks.

C.S.

Captain,

Call my good friend William Bramlett at BearKat Energy, that Clint sent you to him.

Here is his office- 281.651.4315.

Call me anytime you need help, we are in Grimes County, and I am the landman in charge of that area.

Clint Croley

Crimson Exploration, Inc.

717 Texas Avenue, Suite 717

Houston Texas 77002

Thanks for the information, Clint. I will be in contact with you.

CW Croley said:

Captain,

Call my good friend William Bramlett at BearKat Energy, that Clint sent you to him.

Here is his office- 281.651.4315.

Call me anytime you need help, we are in Grimes County, and I am the landman in charge of that area.

Clint Croley

Crimson Exploration, Inc.

717 Texas Avenue, Suite 717

Houston Texas 77002