Anyone heard of Mayhawk Energy?

I received a letter from them stating their interest in purchasing my mineral rights. They were offering to pay "up to $2,500.00 per mineral acre." I have no idea if that's a good offer or not. I thought it odd that they would send an offer since the lease I signed with Jaketown Resources two years ago still has a year left before the option to renew. As far as I know, nothing has been done on the property to date.

On that note, can anyone tell me if they know of any work being done on Township 12 North, Range 3 East:

Section 25: SE/4

Section 26: NW/4

Section 26; SE/4

Thanks for any information you can give. I'm on the other side of the world so they could be pumping like crazy and I wouldn't know (I hope they aren't reading these comments - lol).

Andrea,

It's two guys who started a lease brokerage business. All they do is buy minerals from mineral owners then turn around and sell them to operators who will eventually drill the wells. They claim to be mineral appraisers, but that's not quite right. $2,500.00 is not a good offer.

Hi Andrea,

I wasn't clear on the location of the offer you received! Was it in 12N-3E or somewhere else??

Actually, the coordinates I gave above are the property under lease now. The letter from MayHawk Energy doesn't give any description of the acreage, nor does it have a date. Very non-professional. I thought it might be a scam of some sort.

Thank you for your reply Martha. It's good to know that the offer is not good so I'll know in the future. I'm new at this as the mineral rights were inherited from my mother.

Thanks Andrea!

Andrea, Martha has no idea what she is talking about. Mayhawk is a reputable company and they don't resell to "operators". $2500 per acre is actually a very good offer if they will in fact pay that for your minerals. Whether you sell or not is entirely up to you but that offer is actually above what I would call market price. Typically non-producing minerals are worth about 3 to 4 times the amount of the lease bonus. Leases in your area are typically $150 per acre.

$2,500 per acre is in fact an excellent offer. Well above the market value. If someone is inclined to sell they should take this offer immediately.

Andrea, an oil and gas mineral appraisal by a petroleum engineer is the best way to get an accurate appraisal. A certified mineral appraiser or licensed geologist can help also. Any conclusions of value derived must be professionally certified, documented and supported.