Anyone heard of Dutton Resources LLC?

My mother passed in 2020 and left mineral rights in a trust for us. The majority are in Caddo County and are already leased. There is a area Section 33 Township 9 North , Range 9 West, that we were just offered a lease for. I am not real happy with what the company is offering. Yet I can not find anything about them anywhere except a P.O. Box number.

Just curious if anyone else has had dealings with Dutton Resources LLC?

Bizapedia says they have been in business since 9/24/2021.

No new leases have been filed in 9N-9W in the last year, but Caddo is starting to get a bit more interest in some places. Kirkpatrick Oil & Gas just had an increased density approved in Sec 32 for another well in the Marchand reservoir, so that might be why you are getting an offer to lease. Kirkpatrick is the operator for several wells in 33 already. What quarter section are your acres in? Offers are not especially high in Caddo. It would be a good idea to have an oil and gas attorney review any draft lease to make sure it ends up more in your favor.

Welcome to the forum.

Where in Sec 32 has Kirkpatrick an interest

Kirkpatrick has been deemed the operator for all of 32. They just filed a new permit for the Tate 2-32 (23237) (SE NE4) and it just spud. They currently operate Torpedo 1-32 (NW4) and Tate 1-32 NE4).

In section 33, Kirkpatrick operates Galley 1-33 (SE4), Novotny 1-33(SE4 SW4) and Novotny 2-33 (NW4 SW4). Wells are marked in yellow on the map. The uncolored wells are not producing.

My family has minerals in Caddo County, OK, Sect 13, 8N, 9W. We were contacted last year by an independent landman representing Dutton Resources, LLC. Like you, we could not find anything except a P.O.Box. No phone number, no nothing, and that made some of us a bit nervous. I managed to find on the Oklahoma Secretary of State site the info M Barnes noted below, that the LLC was created on Sept 24, 2021, less than 30 days before they contacted us. Some of my cousins ended up signing a lease with Dutton Resources. I was involved in some of the negotiations, and we tried to get information such as street address, business phone number, partners or managers names, etc. They did not provide any of it - the explanation was that they had to stay “under the radar” to keep the competition from trying to take advantage of the research that Dutton had conducted. The landman insisted that he would be our Point of Contact throughout the life of the lease, and we had his contact information. Because I was in the same city as the landman, I agreed to meet with him in person to receive the lease bonus checks and hand over the original signed leases. Dutton ultimately decided not to lease the mineral interest portion belonging to my brother and me because our portion was still in probate, and they said they were concerned that there could be a title issue.

Thanks for your info Griffin. The landman for Dutton that was handling this was down in Texas but a Edmond, Ok P.O. Box. I am not the executor of my moms estate but my sister knew my feelings about signing with them. Hopefully she didn’t.

Soonerfaithful, the independent landman in our case was in Austin, TX, and it sounds like it may be the same one. I don’t know what the terms are of your lease offer, but after some counter offering by a couple of my cousins, they felt like they ended up with a reasonable offer. Those cousins had worked in the oil/gas industry themselves, so they had more experience than those of us who are newbies. And to our knowledge, no wells have ever been drilled on this property, so everyone was surprised to get an offer of any kind. I had asked advice from another relative who was an oil/gas attorney (but who was not an owner in these minerals) and he said the lack of any online presence for Dutton was not that uncommon, especially in Oklahoma. Because of our hesitancy, Dutton agreed early on to mail the bonus checks to the landman in Austin (upon receipt of digital copies of my cousins’ signed leases) for him to hand directly to me in person, in exchange for the originals that my cousins had mailed to me. Then I mailed the checks to each cousin involved. If it makes you feel any better, everything went as agreed, all checks were good, cousins were happy. Even though Dutton decided not to lease the mineral interest belonging to my brother and me, I felt a lot better about the whole thing after speaking with the landman on the phone at length and then meeting him in person. The probate is now completed for the portion belonging to my brother and me, and Dutton is aware. I haven’t received an offer from them since, but I might consider it if I do. If your sister is still considering their offer, maybe she could request a zoom call to include you, giving you the opportunity to ask questions and see how you feel about the answers given. Good luck!

Hello Martha. Thank you for all your knowledge and insight. We just received a call today from an independent Landman “contracted” from Dutton Resources LLC to make an offer for a all paid-up Oil & Gas lease for 3 years. The Section is 30-T6N-R7W in Grady County. We currently have other active wells in that section operated by Unit Petroleum. My question to you is because you mentioned above that you’d recommend having any new lease reviewed by a mineral rights attorney to make sure it’s in the owners best interest… Do you have any recommendations of honest people in Oklahoma who we can trust to do this for us? I’m not sure if you can help us with this or not? I couldn’t find a phone number to contact you directly, or if that was even something you would consider helping us with. You seem to have a lot of knowledge in this business. Please let me know if you can help, or refer us to someone who can. Thank you!!!

There are several other leasing agents working the area, so you might want to wait a bit and see what else pops into your inbox. Some have filed at 25%, so it is out there nearby. You can find attorneys through the Directory above or also by looking at the Oklahoma Bar Association and specialty area oil and gas. You may have to interview several due to conflict of interest issues.

Were you pooled for the other wells? Or did you have a lease? Just asking because you may not be eligible to lease depending upon what zones are already held by production. What zone is the new well going into?

Thanks Martha! I just looked in the directory above and see 3 or 4 attorneys listed, none of which are in Oklahoma. I also just read the do’s and don’ts about signing a new lease and it says don’t run out a hire an attorney right off the bat… Do you happen to be available for a quick chat by phone? I’d love to have a private conversation with you, verses over this open public forum, just to get your two cents…

1 Like

I have just received an offer in Caddo section 13 8N 10 W from a land man named Rob Robinson from Redball express resources. The offer was $900 bonus and a 3/16 share. Has anybody heard of this land man and Redball expressed resources? I saw on the earlier post a family signed with Dutton adjacent to my property rights. I was wondering if they had started drilling and what the results might’ve been. The land man I talked to from Redball express seemed like he was going to flip the property and did not have a drilling partner yet. I understand this is fairly common but it still makes me a little nervous.

Would welcome any comments.

Use the magnifying glass on the upper right to find the other threads regarding Dutton. It is always wise to get a good oil and gas attorney to go over a draft lease if you have not leased in a while. Most of the drafts are in the operator’s favor and not the mineral owner’s. It will need some significant edits before I would sign.

Yes, waiting on lease now! Anything happening insec 6 twn 7n R 8 W Grady county?

There is some leasing in 6-7N-8W. No recent OCC cases yet.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.