Anyone have any experience with Kunu land company?

Received 2 lease offers for Section 11, 15N - 24W. One is from Anevay and the other is from Kunu. I have seen some negative feedback about Anevay but haven’t been able to get any information on Kunu. They are both offering similar terms so I need some other data to help decide who to engage with.

Check your records for a previous lease or pooling. That section already has a horizontal well with 640 acre spacing. Maverick Spurrier 1-11H in the Tonkawa. If you had a depth clause then you might be able to lease again. If you were pooled, then you might be able to lease. If you did not have a depth clause, then you may be already held by the current well.

The only recent lease that I see filed is by Upland Exploration. The last leases were in 2015-mostly by Fourpoint or Apache back then. I see Mixon leases in 2012 and 2015.

Thank you for your response. Yes we have those leases you mention, with a depth clause. So I think we are good lease this for lower depths. I will look in our records for a pooling order.

If you had a lease with a depth clause, then you probably did not have a pooling order. But look, just in case it was later in time. Upland may have a different agent than the ones that have contacted you so far. If they offer 3/16ths, then ask for 1/5th and 1/4 options. If you have not leased since 2015, then you really need to get a good oil and gas attorney review any new draft and make the necessary changes so it will be more in your favor.