Any Update on Atascosa County TX Drilling?

Hello Everyone:

I was away for a while.

Does any one have information if any Oil drilling companies are starting to drill in Northern Atascosa County? if so where/what locations. Appreciate any information.

Frank

Have you checked the oil and gas commission website for your state? I know the one here is an invaluable resource.

From the TRRC Web Site it appears the activity for the EF is in the southern and eastern part of the County. I checked EOG’s permits and they seem to be in the Cambellton area to the north. I chose EOG because they seem to have the best geological hound dawgs in the industry sniffing out the “sweet spots.” The EF geological maps I have seen also confirm the EF window in the eastern half of the County. However, I would not discount any area in the County. The Operator’s are being highly selective in drilling the oilier areas and gas formations that contain gas condensate.

Thank you for the response Mike.

I own property in the Atascosa County outside of Poteet. I have seen that according to the geological map this areas varies from elavation 100 ft. to 175 +or - ft. EOG geological map shows that the oil formation is very shalow. By the way, do you know where can I acquire or buy a geological maps? Once again thank you.

Frank

Frank Alfred said:

Thank you for the response Mike.

I own property in the Atascosa County outside of Poteet. I have seen that according to the geological map this areas varies from elavation 100 ft. to 175 +or - ft. EOG geological map shows that the oil formation is very shalow. By the way, do you know where can I acquire or buy a geological maps? Once again thank you.

Frank

Frank: You can probably do good by Googling EagleFord Maps. There is a lot of info on the internet sites. Here is a link to one of the better maps I have seen of the formation and trend. You can expand the map to clearly see the Counties.

http://www.eia.gov/oil_gas/rpd/shaleusa9.pdf