Any new drilling activity?

I have owned a lease on this property in 4-21N-24W for a few decades now. One well, the Drake, has been plugged, another called Samie 1, I haven’t received any royalties in a couple of years and just assumed it also is non-producing or plugged. Recently, I received a letter from Presidio Petroleum that said I am listed as an owner, which I was totally unaware. Does anyone know anything about this well or are there any active wells at this area?

@Rold, your information appears to be correct. There are only records of the two wells that you mentioned in that section. No leases recorded in that section since 1999.

OK, thanks for your input. I wonder why Presidio sent me a letter, since the last lease owners I had was Apache for gas, Cimarex for oil? I contacted Presidio customer relations, but so far have not heard back. Go figure…

I, kind of, am answering my own question. I found out that wells in the western Anadarko basin owned by Apache, were acquired by Presidio in 2019 and Cimarex was bought by Cabot Oil in 2021. Wondering, do they need to get new leases or are the old ones still in effect, or does that only apply if the well is producing?

Old leases remain in effect as long as the wells are producing and abide by the terms of the leases.

Thanks, appreciate your input. Just was going through old papers and there was a class action lawsuit against Cimerax in 2018. I got a whole 20cents. Still have the check. ha! There is also one against Apache. It was finalized Feb 14, 2023. Wondering how many cents I’ll get on this one? LoL. I’m not giving up finding out more info on my well. I just don’t trust oil companies.

You need to clarify if you just hold a lease because it was assigned to you or if you hold the mineral rights to your area. If you hold the lease only, then once the wells cease production, you may not longer hold the lease. If you hold the mineral rights, then the lease can expire, but you still hold the mineral rights and are free to lease again.

I own the mineral rights, but for now, it doesn’t matter. I finally heard back from Presidio and the well is no longer in production, so I’m done for now. Thanks to everyone who gave me their insight.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.