Any Information/Activity? 34-2N-6W

Hope you are all having a good Summer. Family owns in 34-2N-6W, has for decades, no interest in Selling at this X. Had several decent Leases which ended and were not extended. Since about 7-8 (?) years ago no offers at all to even Purchase, but in the past 3 or 4 months a few Offers to Purchase have dribbled in.

We’re not at all inclined to Sell, but if Leases are now, or expected to be again Offered to us I’d certainly be interested in at least a discussion. Is it usual for no Offers (Lease or Purchase) to be followed to a few Offers to Purchase? If this is not SOP what would this small flurry of Purchase offers possibly be caused by?

Thanks for any feedback or theories.

One company has a lease in 34 late in 2022, so several somebodies must have a whiff of something coming if they are offering to buy. Continental was leasing in the area in the last five years. They have a well drilling on the back side of the same anticline about three miles to the east, so time will tell if the drilling moves your way.

1 Like

I HAVE MINERALS IN 35 2N6W and continental did have them leased, I think other family member leased, but I did not last time. that sect always STAYS LEAsed when oil is high enough as I looked back to my grandparent records from 70s and eighties . I have such a small 1.3 acres that I own I haven’t been keeping up but I can understand why they would drill,

1 Like

why they would drill in 34 I understand

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.