Any information about area PLEASE

NE/ of Section 30 - 16N - 5W

If anyone can help me with anything. My mother passed and probate is in process and I’m afraid something somewhere is being missed or left out. I know my mother owned other sections too with no understanding of how to find the sections. My attorney doesn’t seem to be on top of it so please please if anyone can help me :pray:

Super Thankful!

The first place that you can look for free is www.okcountyrecords.com It has most of the counties in OK. To print documents, you would have to pay a small fee. Also search the person that she might have inherited from. The digital files only go back so far, but it is a start.

Its always nice to know the other properties but a residual clause in the Final Order will take care of “other” properties no so named in the proceedings.

If you want to do some searching on your own try okcountyrecords.com. It looks like the online records for Kingfisher County go back to 1988.

I would think about getting a new attorney. They work for you and should understand what they are doing and help educate you on the process. Also the attorney should (or hopefully should) include language in the final order of the probate that will account for any later discovered assets.

1 Like

I agree with Rachel. All law firms have an area of expertise which may not include probate. One of my former associates once told me the law school he attended only included one class on trusts and probate.

Probate is somewhat similar to managing minerals. There are a few classes and most of your background is leaned on the job.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.