Any advice for mineral owners when Landman is less than honest with owner, and is not technically a Landman

Reading emails (no names are added) transpired from a landman and owner of a mineral conveyance.

OWNER: Did you get my brother to sale. because we both want to or no one. And please remember I can’t sale all I am willing to sale a smalll area but I do not wish to sell all of my ownership away just that one area nothing more? Where the “123 well unit” is located. My brother and I still will own the WI/NRI. Should I call the court clerk? I did I do not wish to sell and will contact the clerk to correct it. I’m so confused. Did I or not?

LANDMAN: I already told you that we DID NOT buy your working interest just the ORR/RI if you read the mineral conveyance” you signed it reads ORRI and RI In the entire section you own. I’m sorry but it’s to late to change anything, it’s been recorded and 7 days have passed.

OWNER: No it hasn’t.

LANDMAN: Date was last month, Mr xxx, to ensure this month payment get to ours office. I already sent it in to court clerks office and it’s recorded.

OWNER: You told me to sign it back date it ONLY because you offered 200 more now, that way you will receive last month revenue in sale. So do I still own ?

LANDMAN: Please review the document you signed.

YOUR THOUGHTS ?

Update: Owner does not own anything sold all In the mineral conveyance. Verified with Court Clerk. legal descriptions had all that was owned specific unit mentioned was iindeed in bold font in front of legal info, it even states “123 unit well GAS ONLY”

ANY SUGGESTIONS OF WHAT CAN BE DONE?

Dear Willjon: welcome to the forum. For this situation, you are going to need an oil and gas attorney review the deed and the surrounding circumstances and determine if Texas statutes and court decisions give you any right to rescind that deed.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.