Any activity in McClain County, 8N3W?

Is there anything going on in 8N3W? We have some open mineral acres in that area?

There is pending activity, but depends upon where in the township. What sections are you interested in?

We have minerals in 17 and 18. Also 4, 8, 22, 16, 28, etc.

17- was pending activity with Native, but it was dismissed. You should have received quite a few mailings from the OCC. If not, come back and I can give you the attorney contact address.

18- ditto, but these are still pending.

4-Cockerell was leasing in 2018

22-EOG had planned wells, but they were dismissed. TPR and others leasing in 2019

16-Several companies leasing in 2019.

28-Balckfish leasing in 2018

Martha, we have received a couple of correspondence saying “dismissed” but we thought different people were arguing about “spacing”. We don’t understand why these things are dismissed. Does that mean the oil company no longer wants to drill?

Connie: There are a multitude of reasons for Applicant’s to dismiss their cases. Sometimes an offset well doesn’t turn out as planned. Sometimes another party has worked a deal to take over the section and possibly drill. Sometimes the Applicant no longer has capital to drill. In the oil & gas business, it is always hurry up and wait.

Todd M. Baker

Thank you, Todd. Wish we knew more about all this. I’m in Kansas but my sister actually went to a seminar in Chickasha to learn more. She did learn quite a bit but this wasn’t covered.