Any activities in Pecos

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knows whether there's any drilling activities around the area my land is located at in Pecos, Texas.

Blk 13, Tract 277, AB 327 BLK 13 SEC 277 H&GN
LOT 24

Thank you very much in advance for the help.

Eric

Hello Eric. I noticed where you are a member of the Pecos County Group. Pecos, Texas is actually in Reeves County. There is an A-327/Block 13/Section 277 in Reeves County. Is that what you are searching for?

CLICK ON MAP TO ENLARGE

Clint Liles

Hi Clint,

Thank you very much for replying. Yes, it is Pecos in Reeves County. My bad!

Eric

Eric, this is a good area to own minerals. Lot of wells and numerous permitted locations in this area.

GIS Map of Reeves CountyA-327/Block 13/Section 277/H & GN(Houston and Great Northern Railroad) Survey:

CLICK ON MAP TO ENLARGE.

Clint Liles

Hello Clint,

Thank you very much for the information.

I really appreciate your help.

I think I'll hold on to it and see what happens.

Once again, thank you!

Eric

How many acres of minerals do you own in this section?

And,,,,,,you may now want to join the Reeves County Group.

Clint Liles

Hi Clint,

I only have 5.1 acres. Not sure if I own mineral or just surface rights. Do you know how I can find out?

And yes, I will join Reeves County Group :)

Thank you Clint!

Eric

Are you paying annual property taxes to Reeves County Appraisal District? If you are, you certainly own the surface. And if you do own the surface then your deed possibly will state whether you own the minerals......if not then you may have to have a landman or someone to check that at the Reeves County Courthouse.

Clint Liles

Hi Clint,

I might get a landman to check it for me at some point.

Thank you very much for all your help.

Eric

There is some oil and gas production in the area, as my niece gets a monthly check for the mineral rights she inherited for Section 11, Block C-1, of Public School Land Survey, Reeves County, Texas. We’re not sure exactly where that land is, but I suspect it is very close to Blk. 13.

I have a question about Reeves County taxes. My niece just received a surprise notice that back taxes are due, but her deed is a non-participating deed for only 20/640 of 1/8th oil and gas production, which is split among 4 heirs. The deed does not convey the land. Is she responsible for the taxes? I know she owes income taxes, but doesn’t whoever owns the land owe the Reeves County taxes and Assessor taxes?