Any action in Section 1-12N-12W, have offer to buy mineral interest?

I have 26.667 NMA with an offer of $50,000. Wandering if something big fixing to happen in area? Is this a good offer? From Ryley O&G? Originally offer was $25.000 for 12 NMA, but found out I had double the acreage, then offered me $35,000. I got them to $50,000 Due to selling home and moving cross country, I declined offer at that time, but they are back . Also not happy with wording in paperwork, but new to this and maybe this is SOP. Will share offer privately > also can you sell portions of NMA? Dont want to sell all at this time, but I have mineral rights on 5 other places and counties in OK Thank you.

Yes, you can sell portions of NMA.

There is an increased density pending in Section 12, just immediately to the south of you, so that is probably why they are trying to buy your acreage before you hear about it. That seems to be a trend-make offers to anyone near increased density filings. They are usually lowball offers in my experience. Given that the EUR of that filing has 2.7 BCF recoverable in section 12, section 1 is likely to be similar if the same reservoirs are there. The west half of sec 1 has the same reservoir according to the maps in 12.

They will almost always neglect to mention that you will probably have to pay capital gains tax on any sales, so take that into account.

Also possible that you may have horizontal drilling here someday. Section 13 already has a well and Continental has horizontal wells over on the west side of the township.

Ms Barnes. Always a pleasure to read your advice. I’ve a lease in Section12 10N10W. Have no idea what ‘increased density filing’ means or what it might portend. Also curious about the BCF information and how it might affect our interests. Would greatly appreciate any further info regarding Section 12 that you can provide

An “Increased Density” filing in Oklahoma is an indication that more than 1 well will be drilled in a section (increasing the density of wells).

BCF is a measurement unit of volume for Natural Gas. Valuations are typically tied to the volume of Oil & Gas in the ground. What M_Barnes is trying to relay is that the value for sections 12 and section 1 should be about the same.

In section 12-12N-12W, Unit Petroleum has a current Increased Density application to drill a Vertical well in the Skinner formation in this section.

The current increased density hearing for the nearby section may be for more vertical wells or could be for a horizontal well. The maps for section 12 indicated that your section 1 has the same reservoir, so might be why you are getting offers. I suspect a vertical well at this point in 12. However, other companies are drilling horizontals just a few miles away, so they might be wanting to buy your acreage based upon that knowledge. No matter which, their offer is likely to be low.

thank you very much for your help. Cleared alot of questions up for me.