Antero

Question, I have some mineral interest leased with antero. Has anyone every called antero and seen if the would purchase your interest? If so how well did it go?

Just sitting in the library going through Google on several subjects and came across your post. It is mid October and Antero is active as I received a legal notice from them yesterday informing me that they are taking me in front of a judge to try and force me to give up the interest I own in family property along Long Run. Odd that they have waited months before doing this as last week I received an unsolicited land lease contract from Percheron Energy who "suddenly" decided that they wanted the same piece of property for the same reason as Antero. The timing is a bit odd and one of the things I was researching today was if both companies are somehow tied together. I am up in Central Ohio and have missed out on any gossip that might explain this. RCR 10/16/2016

No, Antero and Percheron are not tied together. Percheron may be tied with EQT, If you look at your contract with Percheron you should see that they are a rep with EQT.I know this as I also have received a least from Percheron for royalty rights that I own in Doddridge, that is leased with ''Antero", the lease is up next year but Antero has drilled a well on it. So the Landman from Percheron did not do his home work. So far, Antero has been fair with me as Gas Companies go, I signed the above mentioned lease with Antero in 2012, it was permitted in 2015, it is the Nova Well.

Sorry Jeremy, things will start to take off after Trump is President, and I have nothing for sale. What I have is a nice hand me down to my beautiful Family.

1 Like

Based on the experience gained in the last week: Seems that Antero is in the habit of obtaining, in my case, one of the smallest land/mineral rights in a group of co-owners of said property/mineral rights. Antero does that to give them advantage in court when they take any of the other owners who refuse the contract to court. In my case it is Antero who wants to take me to court, NOT the other owners of the property/mineral rights. Antero states that the others have signed the contract(s) which indicates they agree with the company in their action against me. Of course the other owners weren't asked if they wanted to take the dis-agreeing party to court. I became aware of the tactic while speaking to one of the company lawyers over the phone. I was told that I were blocking the rights of the other co-owners by not signing the contract. It came to mind that Antero could not make that statement, only the other co-owners could. Started looking very closely at the paperwork I had received from the corporation, only once is the paperwork does Antero mention I was blocking the rights of the others AND Antero. I post a message on this board asking if this was a common practice and was told it is. By doing so the hold out party is separated from the other owners of the land./mineral rights. In my case it is the extended family who inherited the property/mineral rights who SHOULD have a say in regards to taking am member of that family to court. But now the land is not held by only the family, an outsider is involved and it is that outsider who is plotting a course the others must follow. It is legal. So if you are considering selling your holding to Antero please stop and consider if your action might send you to court against any co-owners of your land/resources. Think of it this way: Which is more important, getting money or the possibility of being dis-owned by your family?

Roger,

Sounds like Antero is as low life as Chesapeake. They may not be chicken shXX but they sure have hen house ways. As Trump says about "Draining the Swamp. So goes with some of these scrupulous producers.

Clint Liles

Amen! My recent ARC problem is that after stating, "Sign the lease or we will take you to court and ask the judge to force you to sale the property, or if you will not they would ask the judge to have the county seize the property and sale it on the courthouse steps." They finally got around to sending a letter after a wait of several months and now they want the court to give force the sale of the property in question to Antero. Two faced! RCR 3/24/2017

Pipelines can be quite complicated since it involves the potential for damage of property. An attorney would be of great assistance.

1 Like