Antero sold part of our leased rights in Doddridge WV

It appears that Antero sold part of our leased rights to another company in 2018. We have received no additional information from either company. Any information would be appreciated about this sell, the buying company etc. Thanks, Cheryl O

We may be able to be more helpful if you give a location.

If you can provide us a little more info about your interest, district, and location, we can find all documents, well info to help your issue. I’m local to West Virginia.

Thanks

1 Like

They can do that if it is part of the agreement you signed that had a clause concerning there right to sell. I will be having communication transactions with Antero very soon. There interested in my Families wells that have pumpers on them, that my Uncles and Cousins put locks on them after Penns Oil and gas contract was up in 1981. My family has 10 pumpers going from Doddridge, Tyler, and Wetzel county all on family land. Our families own the service rights and Mineral Rights. You do know that Sale has to logged in with the State of West Virginia and Doddridge County at the Clerk office for deeds. Go to West Union Court House go the clerk and pull up the Deed lease records.

Hi The information I have for my producing leased units in Doddridge WV are: Property # 10304.1 Piggot Unit 1H 10305.1 Piggot Unit 2H 10364.1 Shale unit 1H 10379.1 Shale Unit 2H
10521.1 McPherson 1H 10638.1 Hiley units 1H &2H Hope this helps.

please see my response to M Barnes Thanks

I do not know if the sale of leased areas were logged in with the clerks office. Can I complete this check on line as I reside in Tn. ? Thanks

Your related to the Piggot, McPherson, Hiley families? You need to contact the West Union Deed office to see what they would charge to make copies and send to you.

1 Like

Cheryl, After researching these units which were drilled back around 2012/2013 and are still active, Antero is still the operator. It doesn’t show a new operator unless DEP hasn’t updated yet. Please note that the lease agreement you signed gives the lessee (Antero) the right to assign and/or sell that said lease to another operator.

You still own your mineral rights, the Lessee can’t sell your minerals, they only have the right to assign and/or sell the lease that you signed. If you still have a copy of your original lease, please read back through it.

If you stopped getting royalty checks, you will need to contact Antero on that issue. If you received a letter stating that Antero is selling to another operator, then you should start seeing your royalty checks come from the new operator.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.