Antero resources well lease

You remind me of my initial situation, except that mine arrived the day they ‘time’ to sign expired!!, then Ryan emailed and backed out to never contact me again… Golden i received the same just from Ryan instead of Jacob of Antero. Then in email he says they are no longer drilling there and would contact me. I sent a copy to Divot Minerals of Canon PA and they said four times the amount to sell the rights. Then they said I do not own these rights. Then another guy from Antero wants to give me 250$ Dollars, that’s two hundred and fifty dollars, to drill horizontal. makes me think that they are acting like the first least offer is in play, yet i signed nothing and received nothing. Since this matches my situation, i am writing this and copying it to all your repliers, as i get no attention from my initial post. p.s., i have been there, think of WV daily, and really just don’t want to do this royalty and lease thing, just sell cheap and have a life beyond my current disability retirement existence. As stated i will send this exact wording to many that matches my situation. To all others, thanks so much, but i have no resources for lawyer, Tyler County says they just access land owners, well how do i find where and if i have rights!!! I am in SF CA and am the descendant of the Underwoods of Alma and Salem and Middlebourne, Dad’s cousin was the Governor twice, but that helps me not a hitch. I have given up many times and here i start again to not quit till know what’s what. Thank you all so much. my numbers say i have 12 acres on 5-16-20-20.6

Thank u in advance dt11 Golden i received the same just from Ryan instead of Jacob of Antero. Then in email he says they are no longer drilling there and would contact me. I sent a copy to Divot Minerals of Canon PA and they said four times the amount to sell the rights. Then they said I do not own these rights. Then another guy from Antero wants to give me 250$ Dollars, that’s two hundred and fifty dollars, to drill horizontal. makes me think that they are acting like the first least offer is in play, yet i signed nothing and received nothing. Since this matches my situation, i am writing this and copying it to all your repliers, as i get no attention from my initial post. p.s., i have been there, think of WV daily, and really just don’t want to do this royalty and lease thing, just sell cheap and have a life beyond my current disability retirement existence. As stated i will send this exact wording to many that matches my situation. To all others, thanks so much, but i have no resources for lawyer, Tyler County says they just access land owners, well how do i find where and if i have rights!!! I am in SF CA and am the descendant of the Underwoods of Alma and Salem and Middlebourne, Dad’s cousin was the Governor twice, but that helps me not a hitch. I have given up many times and here i start again to not quit till know what’s what. Thank you all so much. my numbers say i have 12 acres on 5-16-20-20.6

thank you in advance ArleneGolden i received the same just from Ryan instead of Jacob of Antero. Then in email he says they are no longer drilling there and would contact me. I sent a copy to Divot Minerals of Canon PA and they said four times the amount to sell the rights. Then they said I do not own these rights. Then another guy from Antero wants to give me 250$ Dollars, that’s two hundred and fifty dollars, to drill horizontal. makes me think that they are acting like the first least offer is in play, yet i signed nothing and received nothing. Since this matches my situation, i am writing this and copying it to all your repliers, as i get no attention from my initial post. p.s., i have been there, think of WV daily, and really just don’t want to do this royalty and lease thing, just sell cheap and have a life beyond my current disability retirement existence. As stated i will send this exact wording to many that matches my situation. To all others, thanks so much, but i have no resources for lawyer, Tyler County says they just access land owners, well how do i find where and if i have rights!!! I am in SF CA and am the descendant of the Underwoods of Alma and Salem and Middlebourne, Dad’s cousin was the Governor twice, but that helps me not a hitch. I have given up many times and here i start again to not quit till know what’s what. Thank you all so much. my numbers say i have 12 acres on 5-16-20-20.6

hGolden i received the same just from Ryan instead of Jacob of Antero. Then in email he says they are no longer drilling there and would contact me. I sent a copy to Divot Minerals of Canon PA and they said four times the amount to sell the rights. Then they said I do not own these rights. Then another guy from Antero wants to give me 250$ Dollars, that’s two hundred and fifty dollars, to drill horizontal. makes me think that they are acting like the first least offer is in play, yet i signed nothing and received nothing. Since this matches my situation, i am writing this and copying it to all your repliers, as i get no attention from my initial post. p.s., i have been there, think of WV daily, and really just don’t want to do this royalty and lease thing, just sell cheap and have a life beyond my current disability retirement existence. As stated i will send this exact wording to many that matches my situation. To all others, thanks so much, but i have no resources for lawyer, Tyler County says they just access land owners, well how do i find where and if i have rights!!! I am in SF CA and am the descendant of the Underwoods of Alma and Salem and Middlebourne, Dad’s cousin was the Governor twice, but that helps me not a hitch. I have given up many times and here i start again to not quit till know what’s what. Thank you all so much. my numbers say i have 12 acres on 5-16-20-20.6i andrew,

I’m a little late to this party, but I think I can add something to the discussion.

Lots of people have been in the exact same position you are in right now. You probably own a small interest in a large tract of land here in West Virginia. Antero is a real company and very active in Tyler County. They’re going to drill a well on that tract of land (probably) and in order to do so they’re supposed to track down all the owners of the tract of land and get permission to do so. They’ll pay you a little money to sign the document. If you’ve already signed it, don’t worry too much about it. If you haven’t, I recommend you get more money out of them, ask them to include a No Warranty of Title clause, an Indemnification clause, and a Notification of Assignment clause. Those are the basics. If you can get them to do all that you’re doing all right. Good luck, and have fun!

5 Likes

Interesting to see these legal descriptions. I am a descendant in the Weekley family. I have a lease with Antero (which Kyle helped negotiate) but for a different piece of land in the District of Meade, not McElroy. I would bet these individuals were somehow related. Are you related to the Weekley family? If so I guess that would make us some sort of cousins.

Jennifer…I am SO behind in things. We MAY be distant relatives? I live in Akron, Ohio. My mother is (deceased). Her name is Freda Barle, but her maiden name is Weekly. I inherited rights from her. Ruby, Arlene, Geraldine, Netta all Weeklys and my aunts…all deceased. Uncle Don Weekly and then Obie I guess as well? If any of this is ringing a bell, please email me if so inspired to do so? I am currently being approached by Antero to re-sign with them, and not feeling very comfortable with that at all. They will NOT provide any information listing who has signed leases as well. thank you.

You are being offered a lease agreement if it is legit. Do you have relatives there? Any deceased that may have left you mineral/gas rights in inheritance? DO NOT SIGN until you check it out. Did they make you a sign-on bonus and also a percentage of royalties? You need to definitely check out the person (landman) who enclosed the business card…and thoroughly. I am in the process of signing a lease with Antero myself, but all my stuff is legit.

Hi , My name is Barbara Smitz . My dad was Donald Weekley . I believe we are first cousins !. My mom is Wilma Weekley . She lives up on Muddy Creek in Tyler County WVa . At this point of my life she is no longer speaking to me , not sure why long story . She has signed many leases on the property. As far as I know not one of us kids have received any offers from anyone . I’m not sure why , being that a lot of the property up that way is in heirship . I have been trying to find out who I can contact to ask why we haven’t been included on any tracks of land . Do you have any information on the land leases you could send me ? At this point it looks like I’m on my own getting any information.

Hi…I would not be related ot Donald Weekly. Sorry.

Hello. My mother was Freda Barle (Weekly). I miss her greatly and with much sadness. If I am correct, DON was her brother. Other sisters as well, and there is still family (cousins), I believe in Tyler County. It was not really until her passing that I/we became completely aware of these mineral and gas rights. Us three kids became owners through inheritance per Freda, and the same thing for several children of each sister. I guess then we are most likely related. Your issue is complicated to answer. My BEST advice and answer to you would be most likely Wilma has not included you as an “aire” for lack of a better word…and DON would have most likely to have named YOU as well as an inheritance. I STRONGLY urge you to check things out at the Tyler County Clerk’s Office (Sheriff). That’s where records exist, and where all of us pay extra tax to. I just happened to see this and in my email and almost skipped reading it. If you were indeed included in Don’s will or anything legal, you would have been contacted by the leasing companies to sign on with them. Antero and Jay-Bee are the two I am signed with currently. And ALSO…it is not a HUGE pay-off, but VERY blessed to have been included. There are TONS of people involved in these leases making the royalties less. Hope this helps.

Thanks for getting back with me . As far as I know Dad (Don) didn’t have a will and if he did none of the girls would have been included. He was old school and was gone to leave everything to the boys . Pretty sure he didn’t have a will though. I think that would put everything in moms hands . I do know that she has a will but doesn’t plan on including my sister Carol or myself . Mostly from what I’ve heard will be left to my younger brother and his son . I’m not sure if that includes the mineral rights or not but there are other leases you may have a right to being your mom was a Weekley and all the property up Muddy Creek was at one time owned by a Weekley . You may want to check it out . I never got to meet your mom , who would of been my Aunt … and I’m sorry for your loss . I will check the court house for records and see what I can come up with . Thanks for the tips .

There are cousins, grandchildren as well living in W.Va…Paden City, Muddy Creek, Sistersville if that helps any. Also…my mom’s “affairs” were handled pretty much by an attorney/guardian shortly before her death. I cannot say for certain, but I feel pretty secure we know and have been included in all areas of ownership and royalties. Not trying to sound ungrateful, I feel blessed, but the royalties aren’t that much, due to SO MANY owners. And not bad-mouthing these land guys or companies, but these “deals” that are negotiated on your own without legal representation (attorney), they KNOW they are pretty much in control of those contracts and try to make it look like they are offering you the world. I have lots of legal paperwork with all of the names of those on the leases or who own the properties. Those who have leases…the list is quite long…people I do not know. There is also ONE shaky person (to me), who SOMEHOW purchased some of the lease/land…goes by the name of David Bowyer. Took me MONTHS to get ahold of him but he finally replied to emails. Long story. Just right now I do not trust him due to things I have read here on this site. So sorry you are having these issues. Good luck.

What did you end up doing about the lease? I received something similar.

I too received a lease form and all the other “legal” paperwork claiming me to be the owner of mineral rights to about 5 acres of land in WV. First I threw it all away thinking it’s a scam. Four months later Antero contacted me, saying it was true, even though I never knew the person who “inheired it to me”. The contract was one sided, even I knew that as a layman, so I hired an attorney. My first concern was Something wouldn’t come back to bite me…I wanted to know “how they got my name and address and social number” After about a month, my attorney got back to me saying the Landman said it was NOT me, so it was all over. Now 7 months later again I receive more paperwork from Antero, now stating it is producing and they want me to sign the papers to get my small percentage from the well. So I contacted my lawyer, now just waiting to hear What the heck is going on. Now I have a lot of questions… Did someone falsify my signature on a lease? Did the Landman not do his paperwork correctly, and my name was still on their paperwork in the Oil Division Department? Anyway GET A LAWYER!!

Or, it could be that a public company thats worked in oil and gas for years, knows more than your lawyer, thats likely new to oil and gas? Antero is a public company that puts a great amount of resources and research into the wells they drill like all the other companies. Like all oil and gas companies, they hire their own lawyer to do a title opinion on every well that they drill, so their lawyer, thats much more familiar with oil and gas thinks that you own it. Since you did not sign the original paperwork, your payments are now held in suspense due to the well producing, the reason for you being contacted again.

You need to get another different lawyer!

Antero just like other companies make mistakes on who owns what. They have “agents” whom some are good and some know very little. Antero knows the facts and you will need to contact owner relations with all the info you have. The lease that pertains to this particular property will hold the answers. There are also documents filed at the courthouse showing ownership. This process is not resolved by not doing some research. Those days are over and an attorney may want to help and some pass the buck.

This info is so valuable and intriguing! Thanks for posting! My wife, Elizabeth Buck White, her siblings and ancestors are from Sistersville, her mom’s father owned Paden City Pottery. Her dad’s mother was a Harrington and I think she is the source of her holdings, which are now split a zillion ways amongst the clan. She is constantly getting offers to lease her properties. Her mineral interests are all in Tyler County, WV, or in Belmont County, OH, a dozen or so holdings all told, and are very small, each around 1/2 nma or less. We live out of state. It seems uneconomical to hire legal representation for such small parcels, so we always feel taken advantage of. We just try to sell outright, rather than lease, as it seems simpler to just take the money and run. We do rely on anecdotal evidence mainly on this forum to try and make sense of the offers we get, but I’m sure we’re being taken advantage of.