Antero Offer question

My offer came, and it shows I have .06843 acre, out of 63 total acres. It also states the original 5 descendants would have received 5/768th interest, in 1954 with the death of the father. All too confusing. I know legal advice is impossible here, but the offer of $250 signing with 15% royalties, or an outright $500 purchase. I am roughly 3 hours from this land man who offers help, working for Antero do they really help? I’m guessing the sell price is the best option?

I’ve also noticed in rereading, the person listed as to who I am a descendant is incorrect. I don’t know whether to notify them or just assume they had a misprint.

You should notify them. It could be important.

Nancy Mosley, would you ask for a better percentage say 18% no deductions at the well head and 1000.00 signing bonus? I doubt that landman is going to give you mutch info. That’s why you should take the lead and tell them what you want. I may have read but, where is this mineral tract located?

Bunnells Run near Harrisville. There have been many negotiations off and on over several years. I think this is a little too far southwest for their main areas of interest (north of Hwy 50 and east of Ellenboro, or south of Hwy 50 and east of Pennsboro). Anything is possible, so I will take your suggestions to heart. DT, I know you went through a lot with your negotiation.

What I am speaking of is Tyler County. Union District

I also have mineral rights on Bunnells Run in Ritchie County near Pennsboro and a memorandum on oil and gas with Antero that my father signed. What I cannot find in his paperwork or online is the actual lease and terms between our rights and Antero. Is that unusual? I have found leases for the property with other mineral owners of the property but none for ours. We have also never received any royalties.

They have not drilled much in the southwestern part of Bunnells as I understand it, so probably there is no permit issued much less a well drilled on your interest. You can go to the WV Office of Oil and Gas Interactive Map and enter 85-10293, and see a horizontal well crossing Bunnells Run in Pennsboro. Follow Bunnells Run to the west and south and you’ll see there are not any horizontal wells there. Not yet! About the lease vs the memorandum, Antero might be able to provide you with a copy. They like to file a memorandum so the other companies, and the other mineral owners, won’t know what terms some people get.

1 Like

Also, some people just sign the first thing they get, and that would be filed (maybe) as just a lease. It is usually when they change some of the lease terms (like increasing the royalty %) that they want to file the memorandum.

I was all set to sign the quitclaim, when he asked me to sign the lease, they will pay half the money, then in a few weeks I can sign the quitclaim and get the other half of the money. He, the attorney, said they can notify the drilling team my portion is cleared for drilling this way.