Antero in Tyler Co WV

Hello, I have been contacted about Tyler County, WV, land by Antero. Antero lost their accounts, sold them, etc in Wetzel County, WV. Which connects with Tyler County. Is Antero a credible company? Who else is available in Tyler County, WV f not Antero? I have asked how the minerals will be taken from my lands, what well will be used to draw these minerals and cannot find answers. My property is with Tyler County, WV, Map 1, part 9 and 11 as well as 11.1. My property is outside of Paden City WV.

Thank you

Welcome to the forum. Antero has drilled or permitted several wells S & SE of you as you can see in the screen shots from the dep.wv.gov maps. The only other company close by is Tug Hill NE of your parcels. I have not personally dealt with Antero as our assets are in Marshall Co with Southwestern Energy. Hope that helps. An attorney is always helpful in dealing the particulars regarding a lease agreement.

Thank you very much Dome. I found these maps once and could not find them again. Still I am not getting information concerning my property and what well will be drawing. I thank you for this info.

Keep being persistent with anyone and everyone you talk to from Antero. The short of it is they don’t know…they are running a massive lease program everywhere from the current production to Paden City. The decision on how the wells will be permitted is a different decision from the engineering and geology departments down the line. You are free to wait and lease when you get more specifics.

We have a lot of properties with Antero, and there is good and bad with them just like any other operator. I’m pretty familiar with your area, and Antero is the primary operator there.

As for drilling details, you’re not going to get anything from the landman as he simply doesnt know, and to be frank, he’ll tell you anything verbally to get you to sign a lease.

So I was unclear, what do they want from you? To sign a lease?

Antero wants me to sign a lease. I understand in Tyler Co WV, they are paying top dollar (3500-4000 per acre), at 18 percent. I have read here to counter them with 5000 per acre, don’t give them automatic extension unless they pay a higher bonus, ask for 20 percent interest, gross proceeds (I don’t pay any post production costs. Also to ask for a Pugh Clause, No Warranty of Title Clause or at least a Special warrant Title Clause (I own the royalties v/s I am not making any promises on ownership), A Hold Harmless Clause, and ask for a Marcellus Shale Formation Limit. I think this is all I have gleaned from here. Although I don’t remember what the Pugh Clause is for. Does this sound right? Thank you Anna Efaw

1 Like

We got $4k per acre (Antero started at $2k), 16% (offered 12.5%), 200’ above Marcellus Shale to 200’ below limits, Gross Proceeds, Hold Harmless, No Disposal or Injection Wells, No Gas Storage. 3 year term + 1 (option) + 1 (option) (initially offer was 5 years + optional years after that). Deleted Arbitration clause. Deleted Affidavit of Non Production. Deleted Warranties. Deleted Other Rights of Lessee. We also put in that they could not just leave property idle for too long ie they must continuously be working to get paperwork done and drilling going or lease ends.

1 Like

That’s terrific great job! Now, I’m curious about the 3 year term - what are they paying you for option year #1 and #2? It cant be 4k / acre for each of those years so is it a % of that?

A Pugh clause makes it so that if, at the end of the primary term, they have started producing from part of your property they get to keep that part under lease. The rest of the property drops out of the lease and you can lease it to somebody else or even them, making it so you can negotiate for different terms and get a new bonus.

I was recently told by Antero I own 4.500000 gross acres (0.00794 net) of mineral rights in Ellsworth district of Tyler County, WV. I think hiring a lawyer in this case would cost more than the value of the mineral rights. Antero is offering $200 signing bonus and 14% royalties in their cover letter. However the lease says $10 and 12%. Do I have to sign a lease if I don’t want to? I’ve heard they will “force pool” me if I don’t sign. Will it cause me legal issues if I don’t want to sign their lease?

And just like that, GMG reduced their offer to $6,300, “after mapping the parcel.”

How many acres you have @Shawn_Pursley ? That actually can affect your price as the larger the acreage the better price you can get. I think you can get more than $6300 though

The $4,000 was a flat, one-time payment for this lease. If they go for 180 days at any point without working on the land, then the lease is up. I have no idea of how we would enforce that (as we are nowhere near the property). Greystone Mineral Group texted me today asking about buying our rights. Their offer was $7,500 for my 1.05 acres…they proceeded to tell me how I would never get out of the Antero lease, that I should only expect about $100/month in royalties, if gas was ever reached, how the price of natural gas is an all-time low, etc…basically, I should be looking to dump my lease and take their money…

I said, given all of this, why in the world would you want these rights (as they are so worthless)?

Contact there said that since they had already purchase so much of the acreage at such a low price, they could offer me more. Reminder, this is her first offer to me, ever.

She is checking to see if she can get more…

Mountain View Minerals has offered one person in our group $10,000 for her 1.05 acres…to a different member of our group, MVM offer to buy her portion of a 77.50 acre lot. Seems like interest is getting higher.

You’ve nailed most of it Anna…good research…Sam Smith

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.