Angelina BP Lease Options

I’m wondering if BP paying extended lease options in Angelina County Tx. Just looking for any clue that drilling might resume

Aethon Energy has assumed drilling per a recent joint venture agreement with Black Stone Minerals. I wouldn’t expect much activity until 2021. Lease option extensions are likely dependent on the joint venture details which are 4 wells (to be drilled by next summer and have been permitted) and a minimum of 15 wells to be drilled by 2023. You can refer to a recent press release by Black Stone. Sorry about the deleted post.

1 Like

As an added note, BP retains is leased acreage in the Lacyville area

Hello Oliver - I don’t know where Lacyville is. My lease is in the Sarah Odell survey. I was asking about BP to see whether I should give up on the idea of any drilling down my way. :slight_smile:

Do you have an abstract number for that survey?

I found the Survey. I would not bank of BPX but rather Aethon Energy drilling it. Aethon permitted 4 wells and moved in a rig this week in the Fenner A725 Survey/ lease which is 7 miles north of the very WNW corner of the Odell survey. It is a few miles north of Highway 103

1 Like

I have an interest in block 16 and 1/2 each in blocks (I think) 28 and 29. Maybe they’ll come my way. I appreciate the information - Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.