Andrews County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Thank you Sheila. About how long ago was Ram's Head leasing?

All: When you look at the map, my minerals (Block A-47, Sec 9 & 10; Abstract A-760 & A-761) are just west of the proven fields. There has been little or no activity, ever. I wonder, however, if modern techniques (deeper drilling) etc can make the area productive. Anyone know of recent articles, opinions or anything related to discovering oil in the areas west of the old and proven producing areas of the county.

Hi George, The “new” method of fracking combined with horizontal and vertical drilling have opened up pretty much all areas within petroleum basins world-wide. Since you’re in the best basin in the world, the Permian Basin, you’re in a great spot to be. I don’t have to look at a map to know that. I know all of Andrews County is in the Permian Basin. On the east side of Andrews County - it’s within the Midland Basin, a sub-basin of the Permian Basin, and then further west roughly central Andrews County is within the Central Basin Platform. The Central Basin Platform is famous for being very productive at shallower depths - hence all the infrastructure. As for learning more about where your property is in relation to potential and proven oil, NGL, and NG formations, I’d suggest googling Dutton at the University of Texas, Bureau of Economic Geology, and look for something like “The Oil and Gas Formations of Texas” or something similar and you will be a very happy camper. Basically, think of the Permian Basin as having many formations with BOE (Barrels of Energy) in each formation. Each formation being like a pancake, if you will, and you and your family have a stack of pancakes with a lot of pancakes. Check out the Forum, go to the different shale formation groups, and you will see which ones reference basins and counties and you’ll see pretty much the whole forum has come into fruition mainly because of fracking and horizontal and vertical drilling. The formations are vast. While the formations are vast, oil fields are small in comparison because of many factors.

Hope this helps.

Ralpr

Ralpr,

Thanks. That does help. I'll do some research.

George, I have seen some permits pulled in Block a-47, but not sure how close to you. Check the Midland paper online here http://www.mywesttexas.com/business/oil/

Today's oil discovery sizes not seen since 1960 - The Globe and Mail

50 Billion barrels in the Wolfberry (Wolfcamp + Spraberry = Wolfberry) and it's the second largest oil field in the world to date? Yes! Let's hope it all works out.

Regards,

Ralpr

I see from the Texasdrilling.com web site shows a new well North of the drainage in Blk A26 Sect 18. I think this is the first well in a long time in this area, anybody know how to find who is drilling and their success? It does not appear on the Railroad web site.

I tried to attach an image but it didn't seem to work.

I'll try again. The most northern well (N of the drainage) is what I'm interested in. Thanks for any info.

Screen%20Shot%202013-07-09%20at%2012.11.22%20PM.jpg

Hi, I'm new to this forum so forgive me if I ask any stupid questions! Does anyone have any idea what bonuses are going for in the Blk A40 area? Terms? Thanks for your help!

Everyone should go to the cline shale group and read about the monster cline shale well pioneer completed in Andrews county. Yea cline shale in Andrews. the price has just gone up.

I have mineral interest in Andrews County available for lease:

Section 9, Block A-30, PSL Survey of 750.25 acres.

There is (1) well producing by Sheridan Exploration so 40 acres are committed. Who should I contact?

Audry, the drilling permit for that well indicates the entire 750.25 acres are leased, so you may have the good fortune of being an unleased mineral owner. You should at least check with the Sheridan land manager to see if Sandridge (Sheridan acquired the Sandridge Permian Basin assets), mistakenly leased your interest in the name of another party. (Bad title work has been known to happen). Here's one person you could call, who could give you the contact information for the land department in Houston:

Enrique (Rick) Sanchez, Jr.

Sheridan Production, LLC

Production Superintendent Permian North

Off. 432-523-1002

Mobile 325-650-2432

Andrews, Tx 79714

We have a division order with Sheridan but they do not plan to release or drill a second well. The lease agreement stated if they did not drill a second well within 6 months from first well completion, then the lease is no longer valid other than the 40 acres of the producing well.

For Audry --

Oh. Now I understand.

So, you need to contact Terry Phillips, Vice President, Hilliard Energy, Ltd., P.O. Box 52510, Midland Texas, 79710-2510,

432-618-1916 Direct

432-770-5848 Cell

432-818-0504 Fax

Hilliard has been leasing for Forge Energy in the area.

thank you

I have a question about taxes. Can taxes paid to Andrews County and Andrews Independent School Dist be deducted on federal return?

Thanks in advance for any help

Hi Pamela G., If the 1099 says state and local taxes were removed from your royalties - that’s no problem. I think the taxes you are mentioning would not be shown on 1099s of course, I’m sure it can be done elsewhere on your forms. Federal I know about, I can’t speak for which state you’re dealing with.

The big deduction is in the Depletion Allowance - and that is 15% off your net royalties I think. I used TurboTax and it captures depletion and 1099 taxes very well.

I hope this helps.

I’m not an Accountant, Tax Attorney, Tax Expert of any type - just so you know.

Ralpr

One of my relatives has a section of land in west Andrews county and has an offer on purchasing 1/2 the mineral rights. Does someone know what the actual prices are running for mineral rights in that area?

Thanks for any and all help,

A Hardy

We were offered $3500 per net mineral acre

Has anyone had any experience with YAKKA Acquistions? They have contacted us regarding our mineral rights and managing them. There is very little info about them on the internet. Thanks for any help.