An update

As said before, we got a lease offer in 2019 on the (small) holding from Percussion at $1,000 per acre upfront and a 1/4 royalty. We took it. Percussion got sold and nothing happened. Just got a offer from Spur, the new owner to extend the lease which expires in April, for 2 years. Offering $500 per acre, and I assume, the 1//4 royalty is not mentioned so it remains unchanged. I did a little digging and found that Spur has a program for 10 wells on the property and has gotten a “force pool” order from the commission as of a few days ago. The people who were force pooled had been offered $500 per acre and a 1/5 royalty. I’m feeling pretty good about our 1/4 royalty. Am I right or can they somehow cut it back to 1/5 as they have offered to those who didn’t have a lease? It does seem as if Spur is to to trot on this property so that may give some leverage. I’m inclined to sign the lease extension as is.

It should be an extension of the prior lease, so 25%.

Spur has a lot of force poolings and a lot of places they could drill. But yeah, they just filed Notice of Stakings with the BLM for 10 Trudy Fed wells that will develop E/2 of Sec 7. 19s25e is a pretty decent place to be for Spur in my experience.

2 Likes

What does notice of staking mean? I’m in on these also. You helped me a lot on signing a lease with them a while back. So maybe something is going to happen now? TIA

Wendy, see this link for an explanation. Has to do with the BLM.

1 Like

I have to thank you again NMoilboy. You helped me when they were trying to pool everyone. You are so kind with your time on the site. I ended up with about 12 net acres of 80 in trac 1. I did get the 1/4 with the cost free royalty. I don’t know what it means but it says the UMI and NRI is 0.12656250. I have no idea if that amounts to anything, but I tried. TY again. Boy do I wish they would drill where I have 200 net acres. That would be life changing for me!

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.