Amite County, MS - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Nothing is stopping unsigned mineral owners from taking a different deal from those who have already signed.

My cousin and have a lease with Encana in Amite County, sections 15 and 31, Township 2 North, Range 4 East. Our current 3 yr lease (with an option for Encana to renew for 3 more years) expires at the end of December, 2014. I've spoke w/Encana last April and was told we were in a "hot" area and would most likely be renewed. Encana apparently makes drilling projections in 6 month increments and we were not on that list as of April, 2014. Does anyone have knowledge of a map that might have the referenced coordinates shown? I do not know where this is located and would like to know if there's activity in the immediate area. We inherited the mineral rights from our Grandparents. Our paternal grandfather was born 9 miles east of Gloster in 1885 in the log house his father built there. Knowing that, tells me the approximate location, but I would very much like to know exactly where it is. Can anyone advise me if there is a map available with proper coordinates to locate this property? I am also interested if there is any current drilling activity in the area. I've looked at the google map and have noticed where Encana has wells in other areas but do no know if it is updated regulary. I would glad to share lease information with any other member of this site if requested. Thank you.

Forced Pooling Has begun in Amite county. If you are not leased you may want to read this article.

http://tmshorizons.com/index.php/tms-news/2014-news/september/mississippi-forced-pooling/

My brothers recently received a lease request on some mineral rights that belong to our great grandfather ( I expect mine any day now). We are very green in this subject. The site is 1920 acres, listed as Bergold 29H, #1 & 2. Located in sec 29, T1N, R6E. We have no clue how many acres we have. Where do we find this info and when they offer $XXX/acre, is that to each individual that receives the lease offer, or is that amt divided between # of heirs in the total 1920, or divided between the heirs included in my families acres. How do you determine your royalties, and if you signed the lease, will you receive these monies without going through the process of changing the name on the title? Any help with these questions would be greatly appreciated.

Karen. If you are on Facebook the Tuscaloosa Marine Shale page is a great resource for questions like yours. Join that group for great information and answers to your questions.

Thanks, Greg. Will check that site out!

Karen:

If you are unsure about these minerals and their specifics I strongly encourage you to get in touch with an attorney or at least a landman, and then an attorney, to get an idea of the specifics of all that has to be done. In particular talk to an oil and gas attorney if at all possible.

Hi Ralph:

I don't know if I can specifically answer your question. However, I can provide a few things that the MS Oil & Gas board has granted the oil operators in Amite County in the past year or so. 1. The establishment of oil Units-pools (approx. 2,000 acres in rectangle size:6,000 feet by 16,500 feet). 2. EnCana has gotten approval to formulate the followings in Amite County; TS2N-R2E (Sections 1 through 43), TS1N-R3E (Sections 1 through 53), TS2N-R3E (sections 1 through 46), TS1N-R4E (Sections 1 through 36), and TS2N-R4E (sections 1 through 43). EnCana has to offer all mineral rights owners, or heirs, a lease who own mineral rights in these "pooling units" at some point before drilling or after achieving petitions from the O & G board to drill well(s). 3. EnCana chooses the section(s) and well names where they will drill well(s) within a pooling unit. The other operators in the TMS follow the same Rules order by the O & G board. By the way, the pooling units that I've identified are location in the oil field that EnCana call 'The Pearl River Field". If would like to discuss father. You can reach me at, jimmiep3@verizon.net or 845-297-4616. Ralph, I hope this information will help at least a little. I own mineral rights in TS2N-R4E. They are not leased at this time, because EnCana has not petitioned the O & G board to drill in the designated unit yet.

Does anyone have a contact for Encana in Amite County? We have transferred ownership of minerals and cannot seem to get in touch with the right folks. Thx.

https://www.encana.com/contact.html

Daniel, I called 720-876-3061and spoke with Aaron about my lease.

Mine is in Section 37, T1N R2E in Amite county. Pool is Knighton 344.

Good luck!

Reference (my): Comment by Douglas D. Barron on July 25, 2014 at 11:02am...

My cousin and have a lease with Encana in Amite County, sections 15 and 31, Township 2 North, Range 4 East. Our current 3 yr lease (with an option for Encana to renew for 3 more years) expires at the end of December, 2014. ENCANA did not renew the lease they had with us. They've had no contact with us since the initial lease, other than my call to them. Since ours falls in the area described by Mr. Jimmie L Powell in his comment on Jan. 26, 2015 at 12:44 pm ( TS2N-R4E (sections 1 through 43, and we greatly appreciate that information!), we can only guess the current price of oil killed our deal... hopefully only temporarily. Did anyone else have a lease in that area? If so, was it renewed, OR did it get a well drilled? OR, does anyone have any knowledge of a well being drilled in any of the referenced areas in Mr. Powell's comments?

Thank you all again for the information this site provides!

oops, Knighton 34H

EnCana has drilled two wells in our part of T2N-R4E - Section 26, 29 and 42. We're just waiting on Mathis to be done fracing before they start on ours. The wells are called Longleaf H1 and Longleaf H2.

I received 3 letters recently from Addax Minerals looking to buy my mineral rights. So I'm wondering, does this mean Encana is contemplating drilling, or is Addax trying to take advantage of dropping oil/gas prices to see if people are scared into selling?

I get an offer from someone to buy my mineral rights at least once a week. It goes straight into the trash. Addax is probably thinking people will want to sell.

In Oct 2014 Encana told me they might drill in my section in a year and a half.

Mineral interest buyers will be coming out of the woodwork looking for "panic-ing" royalty owners who are in fear that they will never see their minerals developed in today's low price environment. And there will be some LOW ball offers for sure.

I have seen this pattern repeat itself with every major price drop swing over the past 30" years.

That being said, it may be years until the economics for the TMS are back to where they were thought to be a 6 to 12 months ago.

another possibility is drill and cap. When I was auditing oil and gas in the early 80s there were hundreds of wells around LA that were drilled, then capped off as non-producing. Companies would then write off the cost and wait for prices to rise so it made sense to take the caps off, and durned if they weren't suddenly producing wells...